• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How accurate is your 22 rifle?

Cz455 with a fly trigger 100yd
shot_1504551846685.jpg

Reactions: Fig and Just Chuck
I have never been the one to hang my hat on a single good group, or say I can shoot X on the merit of a good group every now and then. So with that in mind this may be a little long of a post but I think it is a true representation of how I can answer the question "How accurate is your 22?" More specifically it answers "How accurately can I shoot my 22?" because I know without question that I am the limiting factor in the performance of my rifle. None the less, here you go:

The rifle is an Anschutz 1827B that Mark Penrod installed a Benchmark 3 groove 1-15 twist 26" barrel, in a 1907 stock that I opened up for the magazine assembly. It is not bedded, just torqued to 35lbin. It has an ATACR F1 4-16X42 on it. The ammo is either Center X, Eley Match, or Eley Tenex. All targets are shot off a Harris bipod and a small TAB rear bag prone. Here is the rifle
IMG_0580.jpg

50 yards:
IMG_0613.jpg

100 yards:
FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR.1.jpg

FullSizeR...jpg

IMG950488.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

So you can clearly see that I am the limiting factor when it comes to shooting this rifle. I am sure that I can reduce the group sizes quite a bit if I were to shoot off a bench with a proper rest and bags but that isn't how I like to shoot and I am not out to impress anyone or "win the internet". I just want to shoot the best I can how I want to shoot. I do shoot quite a bit offhand and unconventional unsupported positions and enjoy that very much. I hope this post is helpful to the OP...