• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes how are the vortex crossfire 6-24x50 for 99dollars

Re: how are the vortex crossfire 6-24x50 for 99dollars

What's your budget? I am a big fan of Vortex mostly because of their customer service. As far as their rifle scopes go, I wouldn't go lower than the Diamondback line. I tried shooting with a Crossfire mounted on a Savage .22 a couple of weeks ago and I found it to be almost unbearable. Their Viper line of scopes are truly nice scopes and the Diamondbacks are more than acceptable, but the Crossfires are just what you'd expect from a run of the mill "made in China" scope.

Really, if I needed a budget scope for a 700P, I'd be looking at a Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10X. At under $200, it has pretty good glass.

Works fine on my 40XB. The Vortex warranty makes it an absolute best buy in that price range.

It's a bit milky in the upper power ranges, but it has tracked true for me. It's got limited adjustment so a 20-30 MOA base is mandatory.

IMG_0196.jpg

For $99 I love mine. It won't compare to the more expensive scopes but for the meantime like myself it works great. Better than expected glass at that price, tracks just fine no problems and for the price you can put more money away for a future/better scope while still getting out to the range.

Flyingbullseye

Got to fire my CMP 40X the past week with the Vortex Crossfire on it. I like it, but the target knobs have a lot of play in them. Still nicer than the Simmons Whitetail Classic that was on it before and it cost the same. Crosshair is a lot thinner and nicer on the Crossfire. I ran out of elvation adjustment when shooting subsonic SK match ammo, but had enough with the supersonic Blazer bulk. I have the EGW 20 moa rail, but the rings I ordered are on backorder.

For just a little bit more than your $99 budget, there are some closeouts to be had in the Vortex Viper line. Couldn't hurt to take a look at them. Picked up the 2x7x32 and love it.

I have two, that I bought for my son's 22LR trainers to shoot at 100 to 200 yards. They have enough adjustment to zero at 200 yards, and their mechanicals are definitely much better than the price they go for. However, the glass is not clear at high magnification, it is, I'd say, hazy. I really like the Viper scopes I have. The Crossfires are worth more than their price tag, but I regret buying them.

If you intend to use this scope on high mag, I would pass. In fact, there is no scope I would buy under $200 for a 308 except the excellent Viper 2-7x32.

Tried one out yesterday. Glass is very doable for cheap optic, However.....
- it was 4MOA off at 550 yards (needed to go up 4 more).
- Your POI shifted if you turned down the magnification, not sure how much, but enough to miss.
- In 12x mode it was not crystal clear, but doable. In 24x mode is when you can tell how poor the glass quality was as everything appeared hazy (even though it was a clear day).
- The mildot reticle was crooked. You always could straighten it out, but then your knobs would be crooked.

If you don't need to turn your turrets and shoot at distances of 200 yards or less like SWAT SNIPERS do, then this is not a bad $99 scope. However, 24x is way overkill for a 200 yard scope.

The Bushnell Elite 3200 is only $100 more and that one has better glass, a more accurate reticle, and knobs that actually works. Not just that, but the Bushnell Elite comes with matching mil knobs to match the reticle.

My Dad broke two of them on his .243, he moved up to the regular Viper and so far that has been holding up for him. Passed a simple box text.