• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s How are we all doing out there......

Rio2019

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Taos, NM
It occurred to me this morning that for all the turmoil and unrest out there in our magnificent country, I am so blessed to live in the America. I have traveled a bit throughout the world, and visited enough countries to realize that we have so much to be thankful for. Yes, like any family, our great family has occasional rhubarbs, maybe a black eye or bloody nose from a punch thrown in anger, but how many times have you punched your brother or best friend in a moment of passionate disagreement, and then gone out for a pop or beer and laughed about how stupid you two were, and became even stronger friends. My stoically, sainted grandfather who taught me so much of what I would need later in life to be a man, only had a seventh grade education. However, his wisdom and patience always focussed on finding the middle ground, but to stand up for what I believe and to love, respect, and honor our great country. His words and teachings led me join the Air Force Security Police. This turned out to be a great experience because I got to shoot all I wanted, and eventually be handed a Springfield Armory M21 and directed to become an expert marksman, which I did. I also had a lot of time to think while posted out on the base perimeter, just in case some bad guy came over the wire. I thought about my home, family, my future wife, but mostly I thought about the honor in what I was doing and how proud I was to be serving my country. Lately, I have thought about veteran members of the Hide, many whom have shared a similar path as mine and experienced the pride of serving our country. You know my friends, no matter the branch of service, those who served our country are my brothers and I take great pride in that. I think I will head out to the range today and practice my freedom to bear arms. It is a privilege we have all earned. Best to all of you!

Last edited:
You know that scene at the end of Trading Places?
When Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroid trade "Feeling good Billy Ray".
I worked around the farm today getting ready for the winter to start. Gardens are tilled under, fields got winter fertilizer and helped the neighbor with a few things.
I am about to light a fire in the pit, pour a glass of bourbon and light an Arturo Fuente.
All in all it's a good day.

It occurred to me this morning that for all the turmoil and unrest out there in our magnificent country, I am so blessed to live in the America. I have traveled a bit throughout the world, and visited enough countries to realize that we have so much to be thankful for. Yes, like any family, our great family has occasional rhubarbs, maybe a black eye or bloody nose from a punch thrown in anger, but how many times have you punched your brother or best friend in a moment of passionate disagreement, and then gone out for a pop or beer and laughed about how stupid you two were, and became even stronger friends. My stoically, sainted grandfather who taught me so much of what I would need later in life to be a man, only had a seventh grade education. However, his wisdom and patience always focussed on finding the middle ground, but to stand up for what I believe and to love, respect, and honor our great country. His words and teachings led me join the Air Force Security Police. This turned out to be a great experience because I got to shoot all I wanted, and eventually be handed a Springfield Armory M21 and directed to become an expert marksman, which I did. I also had a lot of time to think while posted out on the base perimeter, just in case some bad guy came over the wire. I thought about my home, family, my future wife, but mostly I thought about the honor in what I was doing and how proud I was to be serving my country. Lately, I have thought about veteran members of the Hide, many whom have shared a similar path as mine and experienced the pride of serving our country. You know my friends, no matter the branch of service, those who served our country are my brothers and I take great pride in that. I think I will head out to the range today and practice my freedom to bear arms. It is a privilege we have all earned. Best to all of you!

Thank You Rio, very nice and greatly appreciated ! :)

I worked around the farm today getting ready for the winter to start. Gardens are tilled under, fields got winter fertilizer and helped the neighbor with a few things.
I am about to light a fire in the pit, pour a glass of bourbon and light an Arturo Fuente.
Damn fine day USMC!

Reactions: clcustom1911
Listen. An old friend once told me that when you are pissed off the only person being effected is YOU. It affects your physical health and your ability to make rational decisions. Neither of those are good for you.
So take a breath and chill. In the here and now you need to keep your wits and your health. Keep a level keel and deal with whatever in rational manner.

It took a bit for that to sink in but he's right. Don't allow them to to have dominion over your life or they win.
Terrorist, base word....terror. don't give them what they seek!! You are better than them.

Pissed off like hell

1605402973829.gif

Nother day. Just trying to treat people well. Alot harder these days. Wonderful post OP

Reactions: Rio2019
Fantastic post!
Had a fight with the wife last night. She’s a good person, but we both totally wanted to strangle each other.
Had a good talk today and straightened things out. Best thing I ever did, besides having my sweet daughters, was get married to an intelligent person.
Feeling thankful.

Feeling good Lewis

I want to thank all of you gentlemen for responding to my post. I had such a heavy heart yesterday when I sat down at my computer. All of your comments have put a huge smile on my face and helped extract that stone in my heart. I am so proud to be associated with a community like the Hide, where so many members must have had guidance from someone like my grandfather, Otto, to make them good men in a world where not all things, or people make sense......

Sometimes we can be so passionate about things, and those things are very important, dont get me wrong, but we loose sigjt of other things around us. Politics suck right now, but my wife and i just bought a house at Ocean Isle in NC, and are wrapping up a week of vacation down here. It was a "shakedown cruise" so to speak, and i worked my ass off. Not much of a vacation truthfully. But, when i stop and look at all of the blessings in my life, my lovely wife of 36 years, our son, my job etc. I am so blessed, its just incredible. Just to be a US citizen is so awesome. You have to go to some of these third world dumps to truely know how good we have it. Finally, thanks to all of you meat heads who keep me laughing or amazed at the beautiful/awesome photos and jokes. Ive never met most of you, but what a great group of people.

It's going to be a great day. Daughter, wife, and I are going to work on the vault room for a while. Then going to work with her new steer for FFA then go to the gym and play basketball, getting the daughter ready for the basketball season( Hoping they don't cancel it). Only way could be better would be if our son was here to but college keeps him away. Great Sunday, or any day for that matter.

Well-said. My only fear is that this national family appears to be struggling with that necessary ability to "meet in the middle" and together, exploit that "common ground" to get important things done. We have politicized virtually everything, vilified political opponents and branded them "the enemy". Once we step out on that limb, that polarized and volatile branch is a tough one to step off of. Time will tell on the question of whether this country can continue to "meet in the middle" and figure out how to de-polarize politics on a broad scale, or even this excellent online forum. I have to label myself as "hopeful", but not necessarily "optimistic". Every time I've attempted to exercise a moderate or centrist voice here and elsewhere in the 2A community, I've been labeled a heretic, a communist, an anarchist, a traitor, and even been told to go have gay sex with Hillary Clinton (although that last one made me laugh). The "two poles" appear to me to be increasing in distance and lack of tolerance. I hope I'm wrong, and we can bounce back to the country you described in your editorial above.

It's going to be a great day. Daughter, wife, and I are going to work on the vault room for a while. Then going to work with her new steer for FFA then go to the gym and play basketball, getting the daughter ready for the basketball season( Hoping they don't cancel it). Only way could be better would be if our son was here to but college keeps him away. Great Sunday, or any day for that matter.

Seems like you have a well rounded family life. Congrats!

Well-said. My only fear is that this national family appears to be struggling with that necessary ability to "meet in the middle" and together, exploit that "common ground" to get important things done. We have politicized virtually everything, vilified political opponents and branded them "the enemy". Once we step out on that limb, that polarized and volatile branch is a tough one to step off of. Time will tell on the question of whether this country can continue to "meet in the middle" and figure out how to de-polarize politics on a broad scale, or even this excellent online forum. I have to label myself as "hopeful", but not necessarily "optimistic". Every time I've attempted to exercise a moderate or centrist voice here and elsewhere in the 2A community, I've been labeled a heretic, a communist, an anarchist, a traitor, and even been told to go have gay sex with Hillary Clinton (although that last one made me laugh). The "two poles" appear to me to be increasing in distance and lack of tolerance. I hope I'm wrong, and we can bounce back to the country you described in your editorial above.
Proud to know you.

Reactions: Longhorn in Utah

Very good thread and thoughts Rio !

The way the world has been tilting and turning the last few years has kept me and many others in the “WTF is next“ mode ? I like and need some sense of stability the older I get , and life has thrown us all some wicked curve balls. Alot of us are former military and sayings like “embrace the suck” ....” adapt , improvise , survive and thrive” , are actually skills being called upon to use today. I’ll be 67 soon and I’ve never seen things so ...unsure and unknown , for lack of better words. That said , we live in the best country in this world , hands down. As 502Chevelle pointed out , and many of us know what being and living in a third world country is like. I just Hope in my our children’s lifetime we don’t become one !?
I have MANY blessings in my life and I have dodged meeting the grim reaper way too many times. I’m sure there are plenty others on the Hide that can relate.
I’ve made some new friends and picked up lots of knowledge on this forum.
I’d be pleased to share a fox hole , a mid watch , then a cold Beer with many of you !
Thanks and God Bless you All ....and yes especially you snipers👍!

OK, I have never done this before But I am going to copy a post I placed in the election results forum since it follows how I am doing. It pertained to a question arising on what you have done as a conservative or patriot. I am doing well but the last paragraph really scares the hell out of me as a parent, never, ever admitted that before. (well this was this one time with a fat chick but I digress)

Well I try to do my part and respond to every invitation to send letters on the elections, atf, gun laws etc. But that is not enough, you need to be sending them out to email list to get your friends, family, and other contacts involved.

The video that was posted a few pages back with the "mikes and mechanics" song playing really put it in perspective.

One of the last verses:

Swear allegiance to the flag
Whatever flag they offer
Never hint at what you really feel
Teach the children quietly
For some day sons and daughters
Will rise up and fight while we stand still

That should motivate every parent on this site and beyond

That was it, scare to you or not?

• Wow
Reactions: Rio2019
I’d be doing a tiny bit better if my kids would learn how to sleep through the night. But, other than that I’m doing fine

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Attended wedding of a departed friends daughter last night. The last time gang was all together in one place was his funeral with a somber down beat tone. Last night was confirmation of my earlier statement keep moving forward better days are ahead. There was a lot of joy and love last night for the young couple. I left with a happy heart.

Attended wedding of a departed friends daughter last night. The last time gang was all together in one place was his funeral with a somber down beat tone. Last night was confirmation of my earlier statement keep moving forward better days are ahead. There was a lot of joy and love last night for the young couple. I left with a happy heart.
Thank you for sharing that hunter. These days I seek out those things that make me smile or feel better.

It has been a really tough year, Bur we have seen worse so can't complain. Just pray the political unrest passes without violence so things can get better, better than before.

It's up to Joe (if he really does take the office). If he plans to go ahead with some of his campaign promises, there will never be peace.

I'm sure it was a healing experience for many of you. Congrats to the new married couple.

I'm trying to make it through the rest of my chemo. I hope to make a full recovery and be ready for what ever fight comes my way.

Looking forward to giving Gov Kate Brown-shirt the big middle finger, by having Thanksgiving with my kids, grandkids and great grandkids. Little ones being around lift the soul.

Thank God, He's in control.

Shitty if we are being honest here.