• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing How 'bout a bow fishing thread?

Rebel

Minuteman
Dec 12, 2013
East Tennesse
Been having alot of fun getting into bow fishing over the past few months, and wondering if any hide members bow fish too. I might be looking to upgrade from my wood recurve and AMS reel. What rigs are you all running? Any tips and tricks that have worked for you all out on the water?

Matter of fact, I love bow fishing. I shoot a 50# Hoyt recurve with the AMS reel. Don't waste your money on the Cajun setup. I like the ams better than the big zebco reels also. You can easily engage the crank inadvertently and break your string most Ricky tick with the zebco. What are you hunting for?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Shoot, wish we had fish that big in east Tennessee. We're mostly shooting carp and gar. I like my ams alot. A couple of my friends have zebcos and the cranks engage and break the line all the time. I'll probably stick with AMS. Im interested in composite recurves though. I've seen some takedown models around that seem interesting.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

I love to bowfish. I have a 17.5 Tracker with a platform on it, LED lights and a barrel always ready to be filled. I shoot PSE Discovery 2's one in 29# and one in 40#. I also shoot Muzzy reels and use the Wave rests. Arrows vary but I like he yellow jackets for everyday use and. Gene Davis points or Muzzy carp points.

n

Bowfished for about 14 years, anything from my kids bow at 40# to my Mathews outback at about 72#'s, in waders, from my duckboat, got sick of it, haven't done it in about 8 years now.

Find a good spot and it gets old, you can shoot as many as you want, then you have to figure out what to do with the thousand pounds of dead fish.

Towards the end I just shot big fish or took difficult shots to test my skills. Now they regulate it, I don't think they did back then... I've always thought it would be neat to try it with a crossbow.

Don't get the crappy reels, not the one that looks like the reel you use on a kids fishing rod, and don't tie your line directly to the arrow shaft, use the arrows with the slider line on them. Get one with a tip that is quick and easy to use to release the fish, get one that is difficult and after 20 fish you'll want to drink the arrow.

Get good glasses, I spent $190 on Costa del mars, I still have these and use them, my buddy was just over to go fishing, he had two different pairs of polarized glasses and neither touched these 13 or so year old Costas.

Bowfished for about 14 years, anything from my kids bow at 40# to my Mathews outback at about 72#'s, in waders, from my duckboat, got sick of it, haven't done it in about 8 years now.

Find a good spot and it gets old, you can shoot as many as you want, then you have to figure out what to do with the thousand pounds of dead fish.

Towards the end I just shot big fish or took difficult shots to test my skills. Now they regulate it, I don't think they did back then... I've always thought it would be neat to try it with a crossbow.

Don't get the crappy reels, not the one that looks like the reel you use on a kids fishing rod, and don't tie your line directly to the arrow shaft, use the arrows with the slider line on them. Get one with a tip that is quick and easy to use to release the fish, get one that is difficult and after 20 fish you'll want to drink the arrow.

Get good glasses, I spent $190 on Costa del mars, I still have these and use them, my buddy was just over to go fishing, he had two different pairs of polarized glasses and neither touched these 13 or so year old Costas.

We haven't gotton sick of it yet! I suppose my friends and I just aren't that good yet! I've been looking at glasses but we've been going mostly at night with a spotlight so I haven't had a huge need for them yet. I think when we start going from the boat in the day I'll pick some up though

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Went out two weeks ago. My buddy got this one. It took two arrows and it was our biggest one of the night

zu7etury.jpg

u3y7ygu5.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk