• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How can this be adjusted

Bud8808

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2023
Michigan
I have a M&P 15 and it seems to be dinging brass on ejection. Pretty sure that is where the brass stain is comming behind the ejection port. How can i fix that?
IMG_6307.jpg
My second question the cases are getting a ding in them are they ok to reload?
IMG_6306.jpg

Really over gas it and speed things up so it ejects forward.

But I really wouldn't do that just for this.

You don't fix it. It's called a brass deflector, it's job is to get hit by brass.
And yes, those cases are fine for loading.
Wasnt sure if it was a sign of short stroking or not. Thats why I was asking. My wife and I bought our ARs at the same time same models and hers does not have the brass on it. Granted i shoot mine a bit more than she does. That is why I was asking.

Well, it is what it's for but there's these foam pieces made for that. I think they are on Amazon.

I have a M&P 15 and it seems to be dinging brass on ejection. Pretty sure that is where the brass stain is comming behind the ejection port. How can i fix that? View attachment 8332629 My second question the cases are getting a ding in them are they ok to reload?
View attachment 8332630
That's quite normal and the dings will come out when you size the brass in your sizing die. Also keep in mind that if you are trying to reload military brass you'll need to remove the primer pocket crimp to seat new primers. You can do that by either reaming the crimp out of the primer pocket with your reamer/chamfer tool or by swagging out the primer pocket. If you choose to ream it out just take your reamer that you use to debur brass and put it in the primer pocket and give it a few twists and then try to seat a primer gently if it won't go in don't force it just use the reamer and do a few more twists and keep doing that until you get the primer to seat like normal. Try to track how many twists it takes and then do the appropriate amount on the rest of the brass. Personally I use a swagger. Lee makes swaggers and another company I don't recall the name of but I have their set which is quite nice. The Lee swagger looks nice too but I've not got a set yet.

Last edited:
That's quite normal and the dings will come out when you size the brass in your sizing die. Also keep in mind that if you are trying to reload military brass you'll need to remove the primer pocket crimp to seat new primers. You can do that by either reaming the crimp out of the primer pocket with your reamer/chamfer tool or by swagging out the primer pocket. If you choose to ream it out just take your reamer that you use to debur brass and put it in the primer pocket and give it a few twists and then try to seat a primer gently if it won't go in don't force it just use the reamer and do a few more twists and keep doing that until you get the primer to seat like normal. Try to track how many twists it takes and then do the appropriate amount on the rest of the brass. Personally I use a swagger. Lee makes swaggers and another company I don't recall the name of but I have their set which is quite nice. The Lee swagger looks nice too but I've not got a set yet.
Thank you I have the RCBS swager. Consensus here is dont mess with it so I aint gonna mess with it. Thanks all.

Like said above, a piece of velcro will stop it from denting the brass . Cheap fix if the dents bug you .

the dings will come out when you size the brass in your sizing die.

No, they won't. They'll still be there since the brass is pushed in, not out.

The ding will come out as soon as the brass is fired again, only to reappear a few milliseconds later when the empty casing hits the deflector.

In other words, it doesn't matter.

Last edited: