• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How diverse is your area?

tattoo13

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
Larkin, AR
http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/explorer
Kind of an interesting map, breaks down population in a lot of ways.
A little scarey really when you think about it.
This map is kind of centered on my place and it is pretty sparse.
What does yours look like?
popmap.jpg

Re: How diverse is your area?

Mine is 24% White, 43% Black, 25% Hispanic, 4% Asian, 4% other.

Just a 10 block square though 9K people.

Of the 5,400 people listed in the area around me that I looked up, it is 65% whites, 35% blacks and 0% other. I'm guessing there are a few "others" who are not quite legal and are not on the census though. Those numbers also flip flop not two miles down the road from me.

Funny story from a couple of months ago. Buddy's wife is nurse at rural VT hospital. They just upgraded all their software. She was involved in the process and was the 'liason' from the nursing team to the upgrade.

Six weeks after the upgrade, the rep. from the software company came back and said that they had an issue w. the software and needed to check it out.

"What was the issue?" asked IT director.

"In the 6 weeks it's been installed, there hasn't been a single minority logged into the hospital. Something must be wrong w. our software system and we have to find out why it's not recognizing minorities."

"No. It's fine," said the IT Director. "We haven't had any minorities check in to the hospital in several months."

Cheers,

Sirhr

My tract has an estimated 4,491 people with a distribution of 92% White, 3% Black, 3% Hispanic, and 2% Other. That's an interesting piece of data you stumbled across.

I live i the largest trailer park in my county. My tract is 94% white inbreds, 3% black pimps, and 3% Mexicans with pointy boots.

I flunked the diversety test. 94% white, 6% Mexican, and 6% others.

I'm still looking for those "others" seems we might have some aliens or zombies running around, or worse, liberals.

We have a sundowner law regarding liberals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I flunked the diversety test. 94% white, 6% Mexican, and 6% others.

I'm still looking for those "others" seems we might have some aliens or zombies running around, or worse, liberals.

We have a sundowner law regarding liberals. </div></div>

Is that the new math? 94 + 6 + 6 = 100?

My area is 97% white, 2% Mexican, and 1% others.

Alan

San Diego. If you use the voting registration it is 50% white, 50% hispanic, 50% black, and 50% asian. Not including arabic, they are considered white according to the welfare office.

My area.
92, 0, 4, 2, 2.
Hispanic is much higher seasonaly.

I can't find that grey dot for them there "others"!

I'll have to look up a Buddie's place down south.
Bet it would look like this.
It's a little more diverse nowdays, as the trees are getting more branches.

Interesting for sure.

64% White
10% Black
21% Hispanic
3% Asian
2% Other

Rural Indiana. 96% white and 4% other

population and percentage of auckland
European 698,622 56.5
Pacific Peoples 177,936 14.4
Asian 234,222 18.9
Middle Eastern/ Latin America/ African
18,555 1.5
Other 'Other' Ethnicity
648 0.1

The face of my country is changing -I dont fear this only the baggage that comes with it