• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do these gunsmiths stay in business?

Red_SC

Redheaded Stepchild
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2003
Florence, SC
By creating loyalty in their customers.

9585B4E8-C47A-4238-AFC9-C3475064399A-2250-00000345B3D8EC0F.jpg

It's hard to see, but that's my truck sitting by the paint booth in Accurate Ordnance's shop. I lost the alternator on the way home from Alabama. I wasn't worried about the mechanical diesel getting me home, but was a little concerned about the lights lasting until I got past the heavy rain. I had already planned to stop by Accurate Ordnance to visit the guys on the way through. As soon as Mark heard about the bad alt, he refused to let me leave until it was fixed. He gave me shop space and tools, and it took some convincing to keep him from pulling Jason off the lathe to do the labor. They do first class gunsmithing with short lead times, but their care for the customers is what truly sets them apart. Thanks guys, it's truly appreciated!

By creating loyalty in their customers.

9585B4E8-C47A-4238-AFC9-C3475064399A-2250-00000345B3D8EC0F.jpg

It's hard to see, but that's my truck sitting by the paint booth in Accurate Ordnance's shop. I lost the alternator on the way home from Alabama. I wasn't worried about the mechanical diesel getting me home, but was a little concerned about the lights lasting until I got past the heavy rain. I had already planned to stop by Accurate Ordnance to visit the guys on the way through. As soon as Mark heard about the bad alt, he refused to let me leave until it was fixed. He gave me shop space and tools, and it took some convincing to keep him from pulling Jason off the lathe to do the labor. They do first class gunsmithing with short lead times, but their care for the customers is what truly sets them apart. Thanks guys, it's truly appreciated!

old 12 valve? would have ran, would prolly have to tie up the fuel shut off valve lol nice hummer wheels btw. Its places like this that what make America what it is.

YOu don't find many people like that anymore!

Man, that is sincerely flattering, brother. Not sure what else to say other than we're all glad you got home safely. That was the important thing.

Great seeing you. I know it took time out of your busy day to swing by, but we're all glad you did. Hope to see you again soon.

Mark

YOu don't find many people like that anymore!
Actually you might be surprised at how many good people are really out there that do care about each other and pay it forward on a regular basis. We tend to hear much more about the jerks and kooks out there than is warranted based upon their actual population percentage.

Nonetheless, your sentiment is understood and I couldn't agree more that this type of hospitality and respect is completely appreciated by us real humans...

Kudos to Accurate Ordnance!

Got to give the AO guys respect. People like that seem to be a dying breed today. I've have them do some work for me this past spring, great work and very friendly despite me being a pain in the ass. I'd have no second thoughts going back to them again or sending more customers their way, especially now even more so.

I dropped off a rifle at AO today for some bolt work. I came in unannounced expecting to drop it off and be on my way. Mark finished wit the customer he was helping, then proceeded to help me. He was incredibly thorough and went well over and beyond to help me out. He mentioned one of his SC customers had stopped by yesterday and swapped his alternator. Mark and the guys were great and provided me much more info than I expected.

On a side note, I would love to hook up and shoot some with you so I can learn some Red. PM me if you are interested.

Ryan

Wtf???? That sure as hell does NOT look like Scout!!!

Yeah, the Scout was a little upset that his big brother got to go instead, especially since there are a whole lot of his brethren right down the road from AO.

On a side note, I would love to hook up and shoot some with you so I can learn some Red. PM me if you are interested.

Ryan

Definitely, I'm shooting Rockcastle Pro/Am 3 gun this weekend but plan to be down at turtlesniper's place shooting in the next few weeks.