• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do we take out a robot sentry

The robot itself has the ability to control weapons, such as a 5.56 and grenade launcher (as stated in the brief), in order to I.D. and engage a target at over three miles, it will need to be in control of a weapon capable of such (in this case the remoted human operator, as the machine does not engage targets automatically without a human in the loop). 40mm grenade, 2200 meters max, in order to go to 3.2miles, maybe they will have an articulated 2.75 rocket launcher, or with laser Ident, an articualed hellsfire or other weapons capable of engaging target at that distance. All the additions of weapons systems ADDs (big time) to costs. At least two heavy walls of smoke could degrade the optics (dazzling smoke for sure). I'd like to learn how long it takes to detect and engage a single target, the best answer may be a simultaneous engagement from two or more locations. This appears to be they way things are going now, the auto-anti sniper weapon systems (although not named that) are being fielded, the need for "old fashion" artillery preps should be making a come back!

I'm trying to understand how a 5.56 or even a grenade launcher will be able to kill from 2 miles away...propellant projectiles?

Ok, just read PawPrint2 above...

Last edited:
The real question, should be put forth, when employed how many should one expect to see, as interlocking fields, would be common sense. If each were capable of command and control of all the various weapons dedicated to the system, the only tactical maneuver may be to by-pass, unless you were able to get arty/air support. These wouldn't (as pictured)be a device employed at the company level, as all the weapons, the devices themselves, the remote command center etc. would require transportation and support, I'd assume a number of security personnel would also be attached to the set up. Those using this type of security will have made it hard to get in, but they've also made it hard to get out, the judicious use of mines in their egress routes may give them a bit of a surprise, along with the deployment of automatic AA devices to deny aerial supply- could also ruin their day. All this is based on, the 3.2 Miles, nothing says these devices couldn't be mounted on tracked vehicles/with weapons and used to secure movement areas, command resupply areas, etc. The Israli's are developing "bullet on bullet tech", first shot taken at robot, the coordinates of the weapon/flight path could be sent to correct weapon, and return fire could already be on the say, prior to the robot being hit-they can do that now. Drones A/C can do everything these stationary ground robots can do now (and more)

Shoot him in his robot dick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With .30 Cal TIT systems that's how
b33e1b272806d6819cffc2e8450de8f6.jpg

I looked this device up, it isn't 3.2 MILEs, but rather KILOMETERS!!!! 3200meters, isn't quite doable with a 25mm, but it's close. Nonetheless, the distances involved, are going to grow, as the technology gets better, not just with the robot, but purpose driven development of remotely operated/automatic weapons. This is going to require our planners to get busy with new tactics/training/countermeasures. No time to be fighting the "last war".
specs form wiki:In 2006, Samsung Techwin announced a $200,000, all weather, 5.56 mm robotic machine gun and optional grenade launcher to guard the Korean DMZ. It is capable of tracking multiple moving targets using IR and visible light cameras, and is under the control of a human operator. The Intelligent Surveillance and Guard Robot can "identify and shoot a target automatically from over two miles (3.2 km) away." The robot, which was developed by a South Korean university, uses "twin optical and infrared sensors to identify targets from 2.5 miles (4 km) in daylight and around half that distance at night."

Last edited:
you guys are so over engineering your ways to take this simple machine out.
Black Powder, Powdered Sulpher, Copper Sulphate, and very finely ground Magnesium. Add cannon fuse, light, toss, and take cover. This will make one hell of a flash bang that will blind the optics, and enough concussion to take out any other sensory hardware.
paint? Really? If you want the job done right, you got to put the sucker DOWN! Paint isn't too much an inconvienance for a machine

i think sacrificial light remote controlled airplane packed with explosives

add a camera and fly it straight into it problem solved

if it can hit a remote controlled plane accuracy through volume ftw :D

so 200,000 dollars vs maybe 250-750 dollars i know who is going to win through attrition