• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you keep your cheek from slipping

KNIGHT11B4

Core Shooting
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Everywhere
www.coreshooting.com
Just looking for ideas to help keep a good cheek to stock, especially when it heats up and sweat starts to make things slick.

Have seen a few guys with thin black pads on the stock... Any idea where to get those, cant find them anywhere.

Re: How do you keep your cheek from slipping

I looked around and tried to find a material like what is used on Eagle stock packs, it is called micro suede with a backing.
After looking and not finding exactly what I wanted I bought some Dr.Scholls Moleskin, it works well. You can even get some with a foam cushioned backing about 1 mil thick.

EAGLE stockpack is the best way i have found.

Eagle Stockpack

Scapa fabric tape.

Been used by the British Army Snipers to improve cheek weld for years. Also works to provide base camouflage and something to paint over. And of course the rest of the military use it to generally hold stuff together.

british_sniper_team.jpg

Not sure where you'd get it stateside, I have a roll which I picked up at a surplus store. It's bloody useful stuff, tidying up excess straps on rucksacks etc.

These guys stock it over here. Polimil Shop

Open cell rubber or the stuff on the bottom of computer mouse pads...cut to size and fit...with rubber cement.

Having your cheek slide down your cheek rest is a pain in the ass.

Got it pretty bad at my last match.

GG

Keep your hands next to your cheeks while slipping. Move Your Feet. All right! You have your client banging away with both hands she/he looks like a champ.

I have seen rifles whose stock was roughed up in the cheek weld area as an index point and to stop slippage.

Me, I just use super glue.

http://www.swshotguns.com/html/accessories_html.html

CHEEK PAD
Stick-On Pad Cushions Your Cheek From Recoil Pain

Puts an easy-to-install, pain-preventing cushion between your tender cheek and any rifle or shotgun stock. Space age polymer foam with peel-and-stick backing actually absorbs the force of recoil to help alleviate the pain and damage caused by a hard-kicking rifle or shotgun. Plus, works great as a fast fix for making small adjustments in comb height.
SPECS: Polymer foam, black. 6" (15cm) x 5" (12cm). 1/8" (3.1mm) or 1/4" (6.3mm) thick. Fits right and left hand stocks.

spray a little chalkboard paint on yer strongside cheek. thatll geter done.

Moleskin. The stuff used to prevent blisters, sold at just about any drug store.

wonderin, does the rubber bands improve on the barrel harmonics on the above pic? or is it to attach pieces of concrete for camo?

No, no, no the rubber bands dont help harmonics its the chuncks of concrete attached by the rubber bands that inproves the harmonics ... the Brittish snipers have been doing it for years.

Moleskin is very effective, it's not abrasive so that after a few hours of shooting you dont look like you've been punched in the face - by a guy with skateboard tape on his fist. I used skateboard tape once, but then I came to the realization that I needed to look cool to pull ass when not shooting [this being far more important than shooting] as a 21 year old Lance Corporal.

Know that moleskin wont look very tactical in the beginning, but as you sweat, it'll get all nasty and extra tactical.

Also, the Scapa tape is the cat's ass if you can find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Moleskin is very effective, its not abrasive so that after a few hours of shooting you dont look like you've been punched in the face - by a guy with skateboard tape on his fist. I used skateboard tape once, but then I came to the realization that I needed to look cool to pull ass when not shooting, this being far more important than shooting, as a 21 year old Lance Corporal.

Realize that moleskin wont look very tactical in the beginning, but as you sweat, it'll get all nasty and extra tactical. </div></div>
I do hope people know I was kidding about the skate grip tape. And to those who tried it due to my comment then I guess you learned like sosicmise here. Thanks for your service sosicmise.

Jbell got was I was sayin, was bein a wise ass, dont really think rubber bands help harmonics, was being sarcastic, but do think the concrete banded to the barrel has to help with just being awsome if nothing else