• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you transport your AIAT and extra barrels

mrobles3808

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2013
Nebraska
I'm looking for options to transport my AIAT with extra barrels. Right now I just haul my AT in a lodrag pack, but I always have to find a spot for my extra barrel and want to make sure I protect the threads.

Im thinking a drag bag would be ideal, but only if the bag had compartments to protect the rifle along with the barrels.

Member Rhundl makes AI Barrel Thread protectors for AT/AE shanks. I bought about 10 of them, nice work.

Nice Aluminum, screw on. Buy a barrel sleeve or put in a piece of foam pipe insulation

I have a PSR and AT. When I go to matches I use VOODOO tactical drag bag. When I go to the range I use the drag bag and wrap the extra barrel in a heavy towel and secure with internal straps. You will need to get the thread protectors for the shank threads. If I am going on an out of state drive I have a pelican case for which I custom cut the foam. I will see if I have the email of the guy in Texas that make billet end caps he charges $35 per cap and I think its $100 if you order 3. I have 6 of his caps and the are cheap insurance on an $800 barrel.

Reactions: tennturk
It is indeed. I ordered some AX308 and AXMC caps from him. Awesome stuff...

I cerakoted mine.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/s2.postimg.org\/ohsd9shmh\/Full_Size_Render.jpg"}[/IMG2]

+1 on his thread protectors. I need to order a few more. Great work.

Has anyone found a barrel protector (like the one from tab gear) that will fit multiple barrels?

I wrap mine in a bath towel and put them in a different compartment in a drag bag. I can see where those thread protecters would come in handy out in the field. Ray

Reactions: tennturk
Member Rhundl makes AI Barrel Thread protectors for AT/AE shanks. I bought about 10 of them, nice work.

Nice Aluminum, screw on. Buy a barrel sleeve or put in a piece of foam pipe insulation

+1 on Rhundl's barrel thread protectors. Been using foam pipe insulation but would like to look at barrel sleeves but I'm having trouble finding some. Any ideas where to get them? Thanks

Last edited:
I wrap mine in a bath towel and put them in a different compartment in a drag bag. I can see where those thread protecters would come in handy out in the field. Ray

+1
My AT rides in a 55" Galati Deluxe bag/mat and the barrels get wrapped in towels inside a 36" Drago double rifle bag, usually with another rifle if needed. I also don't take them with me everywhere I go. Each one serves a different purpose and carrying them around gets old fast.

I dont have any of the sleeves. I was looking for something that could multiples.

+1000 on Rhundl's thread protectors! I need to order a couple more. As for transport, I have a Triad Tactical Precision Rifle Carrying Case that works great. The long pocket on the outside is perfect for carrying extra barrels.