• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do your Tikka's feed in various chassis?

scubapro187

Chew
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2008
Helena, MT
I'm curios about how your Tikka's feed in various chassis, specifically with AICS mags. I understand that the Magpul mags are a no go but what about everything else?

I'm thinking about upgrading to either whiskey 3, mpa, or mdt acc and wanted to make sure that those that have them don't encounter any feeding problems. Thanks in advance.

I’ve never had a Tikka in any of the Chassis you listed, but I’ve owned one in an XLR Evo chassis, and currently have one in a KRG Bravo. Feeding was smooth and totally reliable in each with AM, Alpha, and MDT mags.

I've had a tikkas in 2 different generations of w3, all fed great. 6br, 243, 243ai, and 260.

I have a Tikka 6.5 SAUM in MPA... With 7-round Accurate mags and 419 extensions, smooth as butter.

Reactions: Wyzrd
Had a Tikka T3X CTR, put it in an MPA BA and used accurate mags. Never had any issues, BUT the factory mag that came with the Tikka (TRG pattern) did feed smoother than the accurate mag I had. Wasn't a problem, but something to note.

I have a Tikka in a Manners PRST1-K mini chassis...it feeds better than my Kelbly Atlas Tactical/MPA Competition setup. Cycles better too I might add.

I have the T3X in a KRG bravo chassis, 6mm CM. Steel mags works fine. Magpul mags do not work, the top section is too wide, but you can sand them down to fit. Never done it and it will probably weaken them to a point where they would cause a malfunction. The other option would be to widen the action where the mag sits if you really want to use Magpul.

.308 pattern MDT metal mags in the CTR with no issues.
I had one mag needed a little bit of adjustment but that's it.

Reactions: 260284
Had a Tikka T3 .308 win bolted to a KRG Whiskey 3 and used regular AICS steel mags. It worked flawless during the year I had it. I then sold it to a friend and he still shoots that rifle. It works just as good as day one. It has at least 3500 rounds through it by now.
KRG is good to go in my book.

No issues at all with the MPA Lite and Accurate mags. I made a single shot from a Plano case divider, cut it to fit in the mag and allows easy single feed. That is about 95% reliable, found if I "pop" the bolt forward to fast it causes the problem, this is with the single feed I made. Doesn't matter otherwise.

Two things, I would not wait again for the mis quoted wait times and loose but plates and go with an MDT in the future if I do another Tikka(shorty)

Had my 22BR in a X-Ray using MDT 12 round mags with Primal Rights kits. Ran fine.

I have a Tikka sitting in a Manners PRS-T1K mini chassis. My other tactical setup is a Kelbly Atlas tactical in an MPA Comp chassis. Both rifles are chambered in 6XC and cut with the same reamer. With ARC, AICS and MDT steel mags, the Tikka feeds better in all scenarios, to the point where I'm tempted to get rid of the Kelby and try a 3 lug like a Terminus, or save some dough and buy another Tikka - the 70 degree bolt throw is an advantage too.

Reactions: 260284