• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How does a 15yo US Optics SN3 stack up today?

Sandwarrior,

My scopes simply did not work from day one. One would simply lock on 10X the first time I turned the power up and stay that way. Went back countless times for repair and came back the same way each time. USO offered me two new scopes as they gave up as well. I did not take them up on it.

The bubble level was not level or even close to it.
It had focus on the objective lens. I loved the features. Loved the OD green anodizing . Loved the rugged heavy heft of the thing. Loved the green illumination. Glass was only fair and I am not too picky about glass. The other had issues I cannot recall but they rendered it useless and USO could not fix it either. I think I visited with Becky at USO CS more than I visited with my wife for a year or two! :)

Sandwarrior,

My scopes simply did not work from day one. One would simply lock on 10X the first time I turned the power up and stay that way. Went back countless times for repair and came back the same way each time. USO offered me two new scopes as they gave up as well. I did not take them up on it.

The bubble level was not level or even close to it.
It had focus on the objective lens. I loved the features. Loved the OD green anodizing . Loved the rugged heavy heft of the thing. Loved the green illumination. Glass was only fair and I am not too picky about glass. The other had issues I cannot recall but they rendered it useless and USO could not fix it either. I think I visited with Becky at USO CS more than I visited with my wife for a year or two! :)
I hate to hear that, but sometimes the curtain came back and we saw a couple shake-ups over the years. My three USO optics (2 scopes and a spotter) have been great. A caveat with that is the spotter is a pain in the ass to get perfect. Nowhere near as easy to adjust as other spotters. It's more that it's an old style scope than a newer porro-prism type.

As to the riflescopes I still have the ST-10. The 3.2-17 went down the road as I needed money. And, the job was getting done with lower priced scopes. I didn't want to sell it, it was more of a needed to. I bought it second hand but it had the same reticle as my ST-10. It was SFP.

Visiting with Becky wadn't a bad thing....unless the wife found out:eek: ...:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: RTH1800
I guess I'm lucky that I have had good luck with my US Optics scopes. My newest one is 11 years old. I find that all of them have excellent optical resolution, maybe this is because I'm fucking blind. I have 2 SN-3's and 3 ST-10's, all of them are spot on with their adjustments. They all have MOA reticles, EREK MOA adjustments and EGRO.

Just to clarify, I like and still use USA made Weaver steel tube target scopes. Their lenses might be a little cloudy, but Damn they track right on the money!

I also have Steiner, Leupold, Burris, Unertl, and Kahles scopes. I did have a Nightforce NSX and got rid of it for my first US Optics SN-3, I did not regret that move.

Nervous

Reactions: sandwarrior