• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How does my POI change with addition of a 20MOA RAIL??

charliebrown1999

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2018
I have a Browning max varmint/target caliber 223 Remington wearing a 6X24 Athlon Midas Tac in 30mm rings at 0MOA. It is currently sighted in a 100yds. When I install a 20MOA RAIL, how many yards beyond 100 will the bullet impact down range.?

Run your elevation dial all the way UP till it stops. Count how many MOA above that 100yd setting there is. Run your load through a ballistics app and see how far that max travel will allow you to shoot. Then add 20MOA travel and see how many yards it can shoot to that maximum travel.

I have a Browning max varmint/target caliber 223 Remington wearing a 6X24 Athlon Midas Tac in 30mm rings at 0MOA. It is currently sighted in a 100yds. When I install a 20MOA RAIL, how many yards beyond 100 will the bullet impact down range.?
Not how that works. Just dial down another 20 moa or 6 mils and rezero. All a 20 MOA rail does is redistribute your elevation in the scope and allowing you to have more up elevation.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Most likely 20 MOA worth of yards past, assuming all is in spec

• Haha
Reactions: FredHammer