• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How does Nosler Brass compare to Lapua, Hornady, Starline?

bluejay75

PX Ranger
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2021
North Carolina
Quick question before I buy. Is Nosler brass as good as Lapua? Please share your experiences in using Nosler brass in terms of durability, consistency and repeatability in accurate loads.
JB

Is Nosler brass as good as Lapua?
No! In my opinion Nosler is lower on my list of brash choices. It seems really soft to me. Until recently they were the only ones making 280 Ackley Brass so I am running some. I am chomping at the bit to try some Peterson.

I personally LOVE Alpha Brass. I won't buy Lapua if I can get Alpha......

Reactions: John Glidewell
With prices of components I had the idea of buying 100 rounds of loaded ammo to net me 100 pieces of fire formed brass. Nosler and Lapua loaded ammo are comparable in price with Nosler usually costing about 15-20 percent more.

Do you think those manufacturers use their best brass in loaded ammo?

Thanks for the advice. I’m gonna grab some Lapua ammo and roll on.

i would buy them in pretty much the order you posted.

Nosler and Lapua, Then Hornady then starline.

i use Nosler in 223 and 300WM, and have had Zero issues in either caliber

@cruze5 In your experience, how is the durability-case life of similar loads comparing Laupa and Nosler brass?

@cruze5 In your experience, how is the durability-case life of similar loads comparing Laupa and Nosler brass?
I only have Nosler 300wm, ive never obtained any other brands they have been unobtainable
Just this week ordered lapua 223 brass from Midwayusa so I will know at some point

I like anything I can get that's not 100 dollars or more per 50 pieces shooting hornady cause that was available cheap 2 + years ago and I got a lot of it so why not use it I also have peterson brass sitting off to the side to try when and if the stuff I am using starts to fail hopefully by then brass will be back in stores and cheaper than it is now .personally Id like to try that adg brass when and if I get to start shooting 7 saum but would not be miffed if I found something cheaper . good luck with what ever brand of brass you go with .

I run Nosler I my hunting rifles. My hunting is not long range precision work...but still don't like using run of the mill Win, Fed, RP, etc. I've tested Nosler against run of the mill brass. Same load, same loading process, same rifle, same day. Group size was literally right about half the size with Nosler brass.

If you'd weight sort run of the mill brass maybe you could get consistency down tighter.

Nosler used to be reasonably priced too. Haven't bought any in a while.

Reactions: bluejay75