• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How does Remington 710 compare to the 700?

Re: How does Remington 710 compare to the 700?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crapshoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is the 710 grossly inferior?

</div></div>

Yes and then some.....

Meh, it is what it is. A cheap off-the-shelf, get-out-and-do-it hunting rifle and it works for that purpose. I wouldn't buy one though...

You don't really want one. They didn't even thread the barrels...just press them in. It will shoot OK if it's a palm-sized group you need, but you can shop a bit and find a better rifle for the same money. The Stevens (Savage) is roughly the same $ and will run circles around the 710.

710 will shoot minute-of-deer, but that's all I would ever ask of one.

How does it compare? They both have Remington stamped on them, that's where the similiarities end!

if you plan to shoot only 2-3 rounds a year. It was designed as a cheap hunting gun.

It has a plastic sleeve for the bolt. The bolt locks up to the barrel, which tells me the action is not very strong.

I have one in 270. Outshoots many other factory guns I have shoot. Cheap rifle. Barrel is pressed into action and bolt lugs lock into barrel. Don't plan on doing a thing extra to it.

Thanks for all the feedback, looks like I'll take a pass and stick to a 700.