• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How does this sound??

charliejhusn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2010
Oregon
Right now I'm in the process of trying to sell or trade a few rifles to get me some money for my next project, and thought I would ask to see what you guys think about what my next project might be...

-Scar 17 w/ 13" barrel
-Nightforce nsx 2.5-10x24 compact scope
-Ops Inc. muzzle brake
-Ops Inc. 12 model suppressor
-Accu-shot Atlas bipod
-Tango down vertical grip

One thing I would like to know is what you guys think about the scope choice...

Re: How does this sound??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thus far, I've seen very little reason to go the SCAR route. </div></div>

The scar 17 is actually a pretty good rifle. It is a good 7.62 platform. Now when it comes to the scar 16 in 5.56 I don't see a reason for it when there are a lot of good ar platforms. Ya there are some good ar platforms in 7.62 but I don't want to go the ar root and the scar 17 in 7.62 is IMO a good rifle.

Have you shot a 17 yet? I sold my 16 after 200rds thru it. couldnt stand the Mattel feeling/handling of it

Haven't shot one yet, I was actually going to try and rent one at a gunclub here in Arizona this weekend. I have handled one before, but it was just pretty much shouldering it and looking down the sites. I liked the feel of it, but I know I definitely need to go out and shoot one.

Does anybody here own a scar 17 or has anybody shot one that could give me some feedback on how it shoots?

"Now when it comes to the scar 16 in 5.56 I don't see a reason for it when there are a lot of good ar platforms."

There are many people who would argue with this sentence. Piston over DI preference for instance. Your build looks good to me, Id love to have that setup. If you cant find what your looking for here try this link, There's quite a few 17 owners there.

http://fnforum.net/

Thanks 1stIDvet I think it would be a sweet setup and I can't wait to sell my rifles to get the money to do it. Thanks for the link too!

Charlie