• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How far would you shoot with a 2.5-10 power scope ?

I am more than convinced based off your post so far that you couldn't ethically take game at the distance that most can comfortably shoot a 10x, so the question is rather moot. Honestly dude....after all of your post here, go buy a cheaper option here in the PX and just go shoot. Figure out what shooting on 10x is like. Figure out what a 30oz optic feels like. Figure out what features you actually want. After that, sell the budget optic for the price you bought it for, and then go buy the nicer optic with confidence.

To stay on topic, 10x at 1000 isn't impossible with the NF 2.5-10x24. The 42mm model would make life a lot easier.

I am more than convinced based off your post so far that you couldn't ethically take game at the distance that most can comfortably shoot a 10x, so the question is rather moot. Honestly dude....after all of your post here, go buy a cheaper option here in the PX and just go shoot. Figure out what shooting on 10x is like. Figure out what a 30oz optic feels like. Figure out what features you actually want. After that, sell the budget optic for the price you bought it for, and then go buy the nicer optic with confidence.

To stay on topic, 10x at 1000 isn't hard.
Holy fuck .... what is up with you guys... you take me asking questions and turn it into something else .... I’ve been hunting since I was nine and have killed deer out to 350 ..... I’m looking to get somthing new with more features than before .... I’ve used my fathers friends rifle he uses for long range shooting , hunting .... it’s a custom rem 700 with some older leupold on it and I’ve shot out to 500 with that ...

Holy fuck .... what is up with you guys... you take me asking questions and turn it into something else .... I’ve been hunting since I was nine and have killed deer out to 350 ..... I’m looking to get somthing new with more features than before .... I’ve used my fathers friends rifle he uses for long range shooting , hunting .... it’s a custom rem 700 with some older leupold on it and I’ve shot out to 500 with that ...
Because the questions you ask are... well... easily answered with any sort of experience. lol Go grab that custom R700 with some older leupold on it, look at the magnification ring, look at the big number, and ask yourself: Was this number comfortable at 500 yards? If you don't have the rifle, call/txt the guy. This will click a lot more if you have something to relate the idea to, rather than guessing from words/pics off the internet.

It
Because the questions you ask are...well...easily answered with any sort of experience. lol Go grab that custom R700 with some older leupold on it, look at the magnification ring, look at the big number, and ask yourself: Was this number comfortable at 500 yards?

Because the questions you ask are... well... easily answered with any sort of experience. lol Go grab that custom R700 with some older leupold on it, look at the magnification ring, look at the big number, and ask yourself: Was this number comfortable at 500 yards? If you don't have the rifle, call/txt the guy.
I’m referring to the past.... I recall the scope behind 20 or so mag at the top end
Can’t remember off the top of my head... the question I asked is what distance others use 10x for .... that is not an in reasonable question at all and I also have asked about specific scopes to see if others have ran into any issues with theirs or so they can chime in with what they think about those particular scopes ....

I’m referring to the past.... I recall the scope behind 20 or so mag at the top end
So was 20x good? Now imagine the target twice as small.

I am one of the ones telling you go NF in the other threads. But this is so subjective. Some people are mag whores and throw a fit with a 10x max. Some shoot 600 yards with a 4x optic with ease.

Once again... referring to the past .... I do not know what mag I had the scope on, nor do I remember what the target looked like at that distance

I am one of the ones telling you go NF in the other threads. But this is so subjective. Some people are mag whores and throw a fit with a 10x max. Some shoot 600 yards with a 4x optic with ease.
Yup understandable ... it’s different for everyone ... just was curious what you guys are using 10x for

Your other post was asking what mag was good for 600 yards. Once again, you need more experience to clear all of these questions up rather than relying on words/pictures on the internet when its different from one person to the next. Go get a cheaper optic, or call your father's friend, or ever call the local range and see if they know someone that has some options you can look at. Go to a store and ask to take an optic outside. Once you personally look at 600 yards with a 10x optic, you will know if YOU like it.

Reactions: Joko111