• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns How Good are Zero Tolerance Knives

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
For those of you that have experience with them would you buy a Zero Tolerance again? Are they worth what they cost? Are there any problems I should be aware of before I buy one?

Re: How Good are Zero Tolerance Knives

I would buy a Zero Tolerance before I bought a Benchmade ever again.....great knives, that are damn near indestructible in my hands.

Great knives, of the same caliber as Strider and other high end makers

Just ordered a ZT 550 today and the reviews have been very favorable from what I've seen online. The framelock and size were the main selling points for me after hearing of the overall brand quality.

Great knives... love mine. I use them for everything from cutting boxes to cutting furry critters

Thanks for the replies. I just ordered a 0561 Hinderer. Its the sharpest looking knife I have seen in a while.

I have an 0300 that picked up at the start of 08. Its still running strong. And I am hard on all my gear. I bent out the belt clip a little somehow. Talked to them about fixing it at SHOT this year. They offered to do it no charge plus give it a once over/ tune up and sharpening. Turn around time of an extremely reasonable 2-3 weeks. I still havent done it cause it isnt that big of a deal, plus I fear I may get seperation anxiety. LOL. You are gonna love it

I was in the same spot about 3 weeks ago. After comparing benchmade to ZT and picking me up a ZT350TS and using it for a little bit this knife is made to be worked. I let me friend who doesn't believe there is any other knife other then benchmade, use my ZT for a day he couldn't believe how rugged the knife is built and how solid it feels. For ruffly half the money I wouldn't think twice about buying/using my ZT in any situation and know it will survive. Just ordered me a ZT560 today

I have had a 0200 for about 5 years. Carried almost everyday. Multiple delpoyments. Still my go to knife, but it is a big knife to get used to carrying.

have/had an 0350....carried it for a long time, until I got my Ritter/Cuscadi custom one done...now I only carry that. My next knife, though, will be either a small sebbie or an 0550...or 0650

Have had a 350ST for about 2 years I believe and it's still going strong. It was like $110. Well worth the money.

Could have sworn I just replied to a Zero Tolerance thread like this. I carry a 0200 for a few years now, it is as good as any knife I have ever had. Buy with confidence, if I needed another knife I'd get the Hinderer Zero Tolerance, cant remember the model name off hand.

bottom line they are really fucking nice! rugged and are well worth the price.

i love mine. i did grind the top off a bit to make better cutter for what i use it for.

img6845m.jpg

Just got the 550. So far it's very impressive and built like a tank. No play in the lockup at all, and super sharp.

zt2e.jpg

28772650.jpg

zt1g.jpg

I have been using a 0350 for 2 years and i dont have any complaints. It stays sharp and it has good balance.

I have several zero tolerance and benchmade knives. Zero tolerance are more robust, tougher, and lock up with less movement. But they are also heavier.

I need a one handed knife. I replaced several Benchmade automatics with a 0350ST a couple of years ago. The Kershaw is more reliable opening when they get dirty and can be operated with gloves. I've used and abused mine doing everything from dressing elk to digging out tansy out of the ground.

I also had the opportunity to talk to the guy that heads up the ZT division of Kershaw. The warranty is absolute.

My only complaint is that the blade is too broad behind the point. J-Newton's regrind addresses that. The ZTs are a superb tool.

Been carrying a 0350ST for about a year now and I freaking love it. Best knife I've ever used. I've used it for a lot of things I probably shouldn't have and still springs open like butter.

I have several BMs, Spyderscos and ZTs. the ZTs are rugged, warranteed and sharp. the 350 is good everyday carry blade, the 301 is a tank. heavy, but indestructible, and the 560 is SMOOOOTH!
I do like the ZTs, but Benchmade has a place for anything where a good point is needed. the ZTs are tough, but the wide blade can inhibit delicate cuts. IMHO