• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How have the k624i Kahles been holding up?

jakelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2011
    Norman, OK
    Just wondering how these scopes have handled the grind. Looking for some feedback from guys who have had them a while. Also wanted to know if anyone has had theirs in for repair, and how it went (turnaround time, did they fix it, etc.).

I had trouble getting mine to track properly discussed in this thread here: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...es/244819-tall-target-test-check-my-math.html. Talked with Ken and he suggested that I send it in to have it checked.

I sent it in for repair on April 9th, received by HPS optic on April 14th, shipped to Austria on April 24th and I still have not gotten it back. I emailed Ken on Tuesday May 27th after 6 weeks and he's not sure when I'll get it back. Needless to say I'm a little frustrated.

I have 2 and they track well, one has the detents the other has the smooth parallax. They have amazing glass, and I love the MSR-K reticle.

This is my pick for next high mag. scope. Left eye dominant, the parallax knob is on top, easier for me to reach than the typical parallax knobs. Sucks that repairs might take forever.

If it's any consolation, sent a scope to USO, sat there for 3 months, nothing, finally said just send it back, I sold it.

Keep us posted, non-existent service can kill a scope manufacturer's reputation...

I had trouble getting mine to track properly discussed in this thread here: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...es/244819-tall-target-test-check-my-math.html. Talked with Ken and he suggested that I send it in to have it checked.

I sent it in for repair on April 9th, received by HPS optic on April 14th, shipped to Austria on April 24th and I still have not gotten it back. I emailed Ken on Tuesday May 27th after 6 weeks and he's not sure when I'll get it back. Needless to say I'm a little frustrated.

So your the other one! I had an issue with the etching on my reticle. Sent mine in 3/3 and it's not back either. I'm also pretty frustrated with the situation as I was quoted "up to 30 days for repair". When I spoke to ken this week he said there was one other scope in my same situation.

I had one that went back to Ken. Couldn't track at all, glass had a lot of purple chromatic abberation. It was a second hand scope so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Took about 5 weeks and I got it back from Austria, all fixed up. Perfect tracking now, smooth parallax. Makes constant, repeatable hits at 900yd which was the longest I was about to spot that day.

Only had mine for about 600 rounds on top of a 308 and 6.5x47, but this is THE scope for me (being a lefty the parallax adjust is really nice on top!). Tracks absolutely perfectly, turrets have great feel, eye box is excellent, glass is more than adequate (and its a gen 1), reticle thickness is superb, and zero stop couldn't be easier to set.

I did send mine back initially. Thought there was an issue getting crisp focus when parallax was adjusted out. Got it back in couple weeks with clean bill of health. I likely sent it prematurely - my eyes may have been fatigued the day I perceived the problem. Haven't had any issues since getting it back. Ken Pratt was a pure joy to deal with. He even paid my shipping costs, for a scope that had nothing wrong with it.

I have used nightforce, Schmidt, Hensoldt, IOR, premier, leupold, and others. No major complaints with others but this one is my personal favorite. I really liked the Schmidt a lot, but the illumination knob position getting in the way of left handed bolt throw was just a bit annoying.

I've been using a 6-24 AMR for about 2 months now and I love it. I like the .2 holds more than anything. The hold over grid is good to if you are into the Horus style reticle. I think they did a way better job than Horus with the AMR as its way easier to read. I just picked up the MSR-K in 6-24 and will be running it very soon. Turrets are very tactile and tracking is dead on. Everything has functioned flawlessly. I'm sold on them.

So your the other one! I had an issue with the etching on my reticle. Sent mine in 3/3 and it's not back either. I'm also pretty frustrated with the situation as I was quoted "up to 30 days for repair". When I spoke to ken this week he said there was one other scope in my same situation.

3/3, holy cow! I don't feel so bad now. I was originally quoted 30 days as well. Best of luck.

4 out of 8 post had problems...this scares me I just ordered one from CS tactical

I have an MSR reticle and love it. Tracking has been spot on and the clarity of the glass is fabulous. I am very pleased.

I have a first gen that's been beat on pretty hard, works perfect. I'll be buying another one with the MSR for a different rifle once I free up some cash.

I honestly don't think you can get a better scope for the money

Mine tracks pretty damn well. After the first group I spun though the turrets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xhFnKIdYFg
    WffSIXm.jpg

Last edited:
    How have the k624i Kahles been holding up?

Mine has been through two field matches so far and has has the shit knocked out of it and still functions great. It looks like 40 miles of rough road but it functions perfectly.

I have 2, one with the msr k reticle and one with the amr reticle. Don't know which one I like better. It seems that I was the only person who didn't know to do this, but when u get it, do a tall target test at 100 yards to measure the tracking adjustments. Both of mine were off just a shade, but both were off the same amount exactly, so I just adjusted the number in my ballistics program and I'm good to go. Love mine

I have 2, one with the msr k reticle and one with the amr reticle. Don't know which one I like better. It seems that I was the only person who didn't know to do this, but when u get it, do a tall target test at 100 yards to measure the tracking adjustments. Both of mine were off just a shade, but both were off the same amount exactly, so I just adjusted the number in my ballistics program and I'm good to go. Love mine

If both were off the exact same amount I'd bet money you were ether just short or just long of 100yds

You will be fine. People who have issues with something are always the first to post on threads like this. Give it some time.

That's not exactly a logical reason to ignore their posts. An issue is an issue and the forum is about awareness. People need to weigh their options and be aware of potential issues.

Had I headed the warning about the potential IMS bearing failures on my Porsche I would have saved $17,000 grand in loses. So telling people basically "ignore those silly posts" is dismissive.

Just wondering how these scopes have handled the grind. Looking for some feedback from guys who have had them a while. Also wanted to know if anyone has had theirs in for repair, and how it went (turnaround time, did they fix it, etc.).

Regarding 6-24i:

Yup defiantly had to send mine over to Ken Pratt and he sent it to Kahles in Austria. Ken is great but the turnaround going to the EU will be at least a month. All said and done my Premier, SnB and Steiners have held up fantastic in comparison. Gonna avoid Kahles from here out. I did really like the Paralax however after mine got fixed.

By all means it could have been me, but the correction factor that i have been using has been spot on to a mile, versus before i was using the correction factor i was shooting over the targets every time. Thats what caused me to check the elevation. i had accurate velocity, and bullet bc's, but was missing over top of my mile target by 2 and 3 foot when using my ab kestrel. But again, it could have been me. I'm sure kahles has more of a reputation for quality than i do....

FWIW, I just had a great experience at the cup with my 6-24 AMR. I've only had it for a month or two, and only shot a couple matches with it so far, but mine is doing its job perfectly. Perfect tracking, and crisp clear image. To mirror what others are saying: as a lefty I love the parallax on top, and I love the .2's for wind. I should have used the reticle to hold-over and speed things up for a few stages at the cup, but I haven't had time to do enough training with that yet... Love the feel of the turrets. Got mine from mile-high and spent a lot of time looking at stuff 800yds out and doing a side-by-side with a S&B. I liked the glass better on the Kahles. I'm completey happy with the scope so far. I'd love to own another one, and I'd love to get that AMR reticle in something with parallax that'll go down to 10 or 20yds for my trainer...

That's not exactly a logical reason to ignore their posts. An issue is an issue and the forum is about awareness. People need to weigh their options and be aware of potential issues.

Had I headed the warning about the potential IMS bearing failures on my Porsche I would have saved $17,000 grand in loses. So telling people basically "ignore those silly posts" is dismissive.

Regarding 6-24i:

Yup defiantly had to send mine over to Ken Pratt and he sent it to Kahles in Austria. Ken is great but the turnaround going to the EU will be at least a month. All said and done my Premier, SnB and Steiners have held up fantastic in comparison. Gonna avoid Kahles from here out. I did really like the Paralax however after mine got fixed.

I said give it some time, not ignore it. Yes this place is about awareness but the thread is less than 24 hours old. There are a lot if happy customers out there using these with no issues. Give them time to find this and have an opportunity to respond.

There is a risk involved in every purchase of any kind. Everything mechanical/electrical ect has the potential to fail at any time with no warning. Making decisions based of the opinion of 4 people in a pool of at least several thousand is simply insane. If somebody would have told me gas was going to be $3.50 plus 6 years ago I would have saved a lot of money in gas by buying a car...

4 out of 8 post had problems...this scares me I just ordered one from CS tactical

I agree get some time behind the glass and you will love it. I'll admit while being frustrated this particular scope is on my 338lm not my match gun so I'm trying to be patient and ken has been fantastic to deal with. Luckily for him I caught a minute flaw in a batch or two of AMR reticles which helped him out.

I fully understand that scopes, rifles, etc all have issues at some point. That is why I intentionally did not mention the name of the scope manufacturer in my tall target test thread. I didn't want to create mass panic based on only having the scope out for two range sessions. However in this thread I felt that it was important to let people know that should they have an issue with their scope they should be prepare to wait a little to have it repaired.

People are more apt to leave negative feedback all over the web when unhappy with a product or service. How many of us take time to write rave reviews of the things that work properly the first time out? I know I don't as I'm usually too busy using said product. My point was that the customer service has been great along the way and if I had asked for a replacement scope I would have had one overnighted to me. I'm not passing judgement on kahles as a whole based off what a is actually an easy fix. Yes it's taking a long time... But now days good customer service and peace of mind knowing that these guys want to help you out goes a long way.

Thanks everyone for the great answers. I, too, am left eye dominant, which, coupled with Lowlight's review of their facility, is why I am interested in this scope. I think I have a solid idea of the strengths and liabilities of choosing Kahles. You guys have given me an informed decision, which is everything I asked, thanks for taking the time.

Josh Kelly

I just ordered one yesterday from sport optics. I deliberated forever about the beast or razor Gen ii. Chris at sport optics was very helpful and mentioned the Kahles as a personal favorite, so I decided on the 624i. I pre-ordered a razor but was concerned about the weight. I am really excited to get it mounted! No gun until sept! Gonna go with a Spuhr mount from mile high.

If you want a scope with lightning fast, quality warranty service buy a Premier or Tangent Theta.

Ryan,
    Just had to post a photo of the K624i AMR on my 6x47 Lapua after seeing your rig - there are some similarities, and some differences. I'd love to have a Spuhr mount like yours, but pretty well shot my wad on the rifle & scope, so settled for Vortex/Seekins medium plus rings on a NF steel base. Love this scope! Reticle & clicks match perfectly, optical quality is excellent, I really like the parallax ring location, clicks are very distinct, zero stop was so simple to set I thought I'd overlooked something. I'll probably own another one of these scopes when I've saved up enough $$ to swing it.

BTW - I bought the A5 off McM's online inventory. They tell me the color combination is med tan/OD/lt tan splat - wasn't sure I was going to like it when I opened the box, but it's growing on me - next time I do a build with this combination, I may try desert sage CeraKote on the bbl'd action to see whether I like a closer match to the overall color tone of the stock, or prefer the contrast that FDE gives.

Attachments

• DSC_0890.JPG
      DSC_0890.JPG
      802 KB · Views: 18
    Ryan,
    Just had to post a photo of the K624i AMR on my 6x47 Lapua after seeing your rig - there are some similarities, and some differences. I'd love to have a Spuhr mount like yours, but pretty well shot my wad on the rifle & scope, so settled for Vortex/Seekins medium plus rings on a NF steel base. Love this scope! Reticle & clicks match perfectly, optical quality is excellent, I really like the parallax ring location, clicks are very distinct, zero stop was so simple to set I thought I'd overlooked something. I'll probably own another one of these scopes when I've saved up enough $$ to swing it.

BTW - I bought the A5 off McM's online inventory. They tell me the color combination is med tan/OD/lt tan splat - wasn't sure I was going to like it when I opened the box, but it's growing on me - next time I do a build with this combination, I may try desert sage CeraKote on the bbl'd action to see whether I like a closer match to the overall color tone of the stock, or prefer the contrast that FDE gives.
    That is almost a carbon copy of my rig. 6x47, NF base, Seekins med, heavy Palma barlein, PTG bottom metal, but I have a HTG on mine.

Just recently got my K624i used. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet (my rifle is all apart and up in SD for the group buy accurizing work), so I can't speak to the tracking, but DAYUM that glass is amazing. Liked it better than the last few S&Bs I've gotten my hands on, and head-and-shoulders above the Leupold Mark 8 I'd had before on my issued toy.

I've had mine with MSR reticle for about a year now. Run probably 8-10 matches with it. I've beat the crap out of mine. I buried the eyepiece in sand at one point, dropped it on the elevation turret (which i thought may have damaged it but it turned out my barrel smoked about 100 rounds later and the scope was fine), and packed it up and down ASC on my back 2x now. Its held up great. I couldn't ask for a better scope. Want to get one with the AMR next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Here you go. These are the best and designed specifically for each brand, model and size.
    <cite>

<cite>shop.aadmount.com/Flip-Up-Caps_c7.htm</cite>
    </cite>

American Rifle Company has some quality rings with great reviews.

FWIW Kahles just opened their new facility in Austria so from here on out all scopes will be made 100% in house. QC doesnt get any better then that...

That is almost a carbon copy of my rig. 6x47, NF base, Seekins med, heavy Palma barlein, PTG bottom metal, but I have a HTG on mine.

jakelly - Great minds think alike....here's another photo of mine, this time with a PTG custom bolt installed (waiting until I've got another rifle to CeraKote to do the gas shield on this bolt).

Attachments

• DSC_0288.jpg
      DSC_0288.jpg
      742.4 KB · Views: 21

Do not worry! We have sold a lot of these scopes and only had a few issues. All scopes have a fail rate and you tend to hear the negative more than the positive. The Kahles K624i are very, very good scopes.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

We just received ours a few days before the NorCal TBRC so we quickly mounted them up and ran the match with them. The scopes tracked perfectly all weekend and we both found the glass to be very good in the tough mirage conditions. Two thumbs up.

BTW everybody, thanks for helping me make my decision. As I mentioned I ordered mine from Sport Optics today. Thanks guys, and thank you Jay.

We just received ours a few days before the NorCal TBRC so we quickly mounted them up and ran the match with them. The scopes tracked perfectly all weekend and we both found the glass to be very good in the tough mirage conditions. Two thumbs up.

Great looking photo on a great shooting range.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL