• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How long do you wait?

The Shootist

Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
Helena, MT
I had a PM come to me offering to buy a weapon I had posted for sale on another forum that I had taken down a few weeks earlier. He asked how I wanted to be paid and I told him to send a postal MO and gave him my address. he said he would be sending me his buddies FFL & pmt. Since June 26th, I haven't heard a word from him and he hasn't viewed PM's I have sent him since.

How long do you feel is an appropriate amount of time to wait for the payment before moving on?

Re: How long do you wait?

Almost did Sat, but I'd hate like hell to have the PO show up today or tomorrow. I figured I'd let it ride this week and then move on. Best case scenario is he had something come up and just hasn't gotten it done. most likely scenario is his eyes were bigger than his checkbook and he hasn't the decency to let me know.

If he hasn't even read the PMs you've sent, or been active on the forum in question, I'd wait a little longer. Something likely came up that is keeping him away. Unless you need the cash ASAP, what do you risk?

I think time is up for this joker. I have another FTF trade in the works I have kept on hold.