• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How long to wait on a rifle or switch my order

dsmith48

Private
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2021
Ohio
I ordered a 24" stainless Tikka UPR in 6.5 cm back in April ($1500). Didn't make the cut for whatever volume came in so I'm still on the waiting list but should be at the top if there is a new batch. Beretta won't give a time estimate of any kind on when there will be more. Europtic has the 24" non-stainless barrel in stock now.

Do I switch my order to the non-stainless barrel and get a rifle now?
Switch to a different comparable rifle? Bergara?
Keep waiting as we're entering winter in Ohio and I don't know how much I'd be shooting anyways

Ultimately I'm looking for:
6.5 cm
20-24" barrel (probably would go shorter if I change my order)
Don't want to completely build a rifle or swap a ton of parts for my this one
Mostly paper punching (1000 yards),
whitetail hunting in KY or IN eventually (not this season & not long range)
wildlife control around our property
Would spend another $100-200 beyond the $1500 I've got into this if necessary but would prefer to keep it at or below $1500

The stainless UPR has been discontinued but Eurooptic/Beretta have not said the rifle won't ever come in, just that they can't tell me when.

Find a Tikka in stock in the caliber you are looking for, and cancel your order so you can get out and shoot.

A quick internet search located a couple blued versions at major dealers. Or change your order and get something thats in stock.

I ordered a 24" stainless Tikka UPR in 6.5 cm back in April ($1500). Didn't make the cut for whatever volume came in so I'm still on the waiting list but should be at the top if there is a new batch. Beretta won't give a time estimate of any kind on when there will be more. Europtic has the 24" non-stainless barrel in stock now.

Do I switch my order to the non-stainless barrel and get a rifle now?
Switch to a different comparable rifle? Bergara?
Keep waiting as we're entering winter in Ohio and I don't know how much I'd be shooting anyways

Ultimately I'm looking for:
6.5 cm
20-24" barrel (probably would go shorter if I change my order)
Don't want to completely build a rifle or swap a ton of parts for my this one
Mostly paper punching (1000 yards),
whitetail hunting in KY or IN eventually (not this season & not long range)
wildlife control around our property
Would spend another $100-200 beyond the $1500 I've got into this if necessary but would prefer to keep it at or below $1500

The stainless UPR has been discontinued but Eurooptic/Beretta have not said the rifle won't ever come in, just that they can't tell me when.
I have an order at Savage. They say I am on the production schedule for Sept. 2023.

• Wow
Reactions: lariat
Look for black Friday sales...

Origin action. $900
Basic Trigger Tech <$150
Proof prefit $500
KRG Bravo or MDT XRS probably $300 on sale.

That's over your budget but a hell of a lot more rifle.
Thanks Mike. I did end up canceling my Tikka and ordered basically what you suggested after a bunch of digging through other posts on the hide. I'm super excited to put this together!

Look for black Friday sales...

Origin action. $900
Basic Trigger Tech <$150
Proof prefit $500
KRG Bravo or MDT XRS probably $300 on sale.

That's over your budget but a hell of a lot more rifle.
Yeah, this is a way better rifle . You will be so glad you did it man, I'd definitely do this and be done with the Tikka crap. (No offense to the Tikka fan club yall)

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Yeah, this is a way better rifle . You will be so glad you did it man, I'd definitely do this and be done with the Tikka crap. (No offense to the Tikka fan club yall)
I'm kind of surprised it wasn't that much more $ for a much better rifle. Haha, the tikka has a place, and it took some work to make sure I had the right parts but I'm really excited about this custom build now!

I'm kind of surprised it wasn't that much more $ for a much better rifle. Haha, the tikka has a place, and it took some work to make sure I had the right parts but I'm really excited about this custom build now!
Yeah most of us did the same thing at one time or another and figured out that it's not that much more to have a custom set up and it's a ton better because you get so much more. You also don't have the issues like a barrel being super slow or the stock not fitting you well ect... and pre fits are just so much easier, plus you can buy used barrels and with the Zermatt and Valor, and Zeus ect, you can change the barrel and possibly the bolt and shoot a new caliber if you want to. It just gives you so many y more options and better options for a pretty minimal increase in cost. Congrats, you will love it!