• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How many of you sumbeotches...

LOL

What's the price tag?

I have an interest in seeing this kind of technology develop as a tool to assist the shooter, but am leery of products designed to "do the work for you." It's like when digital cameras came out, everyone thought they could be a professional photographer because there wasn't any work involved anymore.

Bottom line on this guy for me--- I do not want a computer pulling the trigger for me. NO BUENO.

Completely agree. I'll stick with my smoothbore matchlock.

The technology to take the gunner out of the loop and let a ballistic solution computer make all the data measurements and nearly instantly calculate a complete and error-free firing solution has been the bread and butter of armor warfare for 35 years. It takes one afternoon to train up a competent tank gunner. How long does it take to train a skilled marksman? It was inevitable that that technology eventually would be miniaturized and battery powdered and trickle down to shoulder-fired precision weapons.

Some of the functions might be wide of the mark -- such as the tagging button and the target tracking feature -- but that's up to the market to decide. Other of their innovations are positively brilliant. It keeps round count and figures an increased dispersion into your ballistic solution as throat wear increases, based on real-world test data. AFAIK, no one ever dreamt of automating that function before.

The device with all the bells and whistles is north of $20,000 but Remington markets a dumbed-down version that's less than $6000. But it also duplicates the function of your LRF, your weather station (except the wind meter), your GPS, inclinometer and ballistic tables.

It's also inevitable that these things are going to become cheaper, smaller and more reliable. And commonplace. Scoff if you will but this is your first glimpse at the future of digitized precision long-range riflery. Coming soon to a Wal-Mart near you.

Last edited: