• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship How many rds. do you go through a week/month ?

Re: How many rds. do you go through a week/month ?

If the weather's good, two full days a week if I'm working up ammo loads or checking gear for whatever reason. Maybe 100 rounds a day in the larger mag calibers.

Just to improve my shooting, or stay even, 20-40 rounds a week is good.

Apart from exhausting all my handloads for the week, the limiting factor is barrel heat (& cooldowns), and blurred vision just after a session. Not sure what the vision thing is from, hopefully not an eyeball problem. Always wear good shooting glasses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">since Obama took over.....
about 20% of what I did last year... </div></div>

Ain't that the sad truth.

About 300~400 rounds of .308 FGMM a month on average, and 1000 rounds of 22lr.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not enough lately......
frown.gif
</div></div>

+1

Starting about a month before every match, about 75 a week though the specific rifle that I will be shooting. The rest of the year, 30-40 rounds a week... I would say 80% of that is over 300 yards

60-120 in bolt guns a month. still trying to work up a good load for my .308, and keeping my reactions under control with .300 wby. Still trying to find a range over 100 yds, I will be seeing ya'll at some of the comps @ Rifles Only this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Acttacus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About 300~400 rounds of .308 FGMM a month on average, and 1000 rounds of 22lr. </div></div>

Holy! How much is ammo over there?! Most of my training is in the hills so only 5-40 rounds a trip.. Generally i suppose 40-60 rounds a month tops .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Acttacus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About 300~400 rounds of .308 FGMM a month on average, and 1000 rounds of 22lr. </div></div>

Holy! How much is ammo over there?! Most of my training is in the hills so only 5-40 rounds a trip.. Generally i suppose 40-60 rounds a month tops .308 </div></div>

FGMM runs about $1.5-$2 per round. Handloads are much cheaper than that.

22LR bulk ammo costs about $17/500 rounds.

A full day on the long lines for me usually includes 30-50 rounds of 30-06 and several hundred rounds of 22LR. On average my LR rounds for 30-06 run about $0.65 USD per shot.

I'll usually run some "plinking loads" through there though too, and those run about $0.25 a piece. Mil surp bullets, powder, brass and I can get away for about a quarter a round, maybe 30 cents now that powder went up a bit and primers went up a lot.

About 50 to 60 rounds a week with the 300wm and another 50 a week with my gap 308. Its getting expensive due to using factory fgmm for both and trying to keep up with DKSD39 who reloads. Its a tough spot not being able to afford all the reloading supplies and knowing its cheaper in the long run. But thank the Lord I'm still out there almost every week and since its florida, 12 months a year!