• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How many rifles to you have with bipods attached?

I have many rifles but not as many bipods. I've unloaded a good many bipods (Harris BRM-S mostly) in the last couple years since I got my first Atlas which gets switched around between a multiple rifles. Anymore, I just keep my Atlas in my range bag and move it around as needed. I still have probably 4-5 Harris Bipods that, for obvious reasons, stay attached to their respective rifles. Eventually, I'll likely pick up another throw lever Atlas and replace nearly all of the Harris units I still have. Some rifles that don't readily adapt themselves to use with a picatinny rail section (or ones that I just don't want to hack on to add a rail anyway) will keep their Harris units which are still very good, serviceable bipods that do the job they were designed to do...just not as nice as the Atlas IMHO.

I have one 6-9" BRM-S harris that is on a Larue QD mount that gets thrown on everything picatinny. I have another that is used on everything sling-stud.

I have shooting sticks or use a ruck/pack for anything taller, if I feel I need it at all.

All have Bipods, Except the CQC rifles. Most are Harris.The TRG, has it"s own Sako bipod, and the 308 DPMS sass Wears a GG&G bipod, which is NICE>

I have many rifles but not as many bipods. I've unloaded a good many bipods (Harris BRM-S mostly) in the last couple years since I got my first Atlas which gets switched around between a multiple rifles. Anymore, I just keep my Atlas in my range bag and move it around as needed. I still have probably 4-5 Harris Bipods that, for obvious reasons, stay attached to their respective rifles. Eventually, I'll likely pick up another throw lever Atlas and replace nearly all of the Harris units I still have. Some rifles that don't readily adapt themselves to use with a picatinny rail section (or ones that I just don't want to hack on to add a rail anyway) will keep their Harris units which are still very good, serviceable bipods that do the job they were designed to do...just not as nice as the Atlas IMHO.

I think ORD nailed it. I have one Atlas that gets swapped back & forth between my rigs that will accept it. Those that don't accept the Pic rail Atlas still wear a Harris.

t

+1 on this plan. Note: I only have 1 rifle at this time -- well, technically it's still being built -- but this is my plan from the start. I've already ordered an Atlas BT10 w/ LW17. Since I intend to go the chassis route for all of my rifles (vs. traditional stock) I intend to swap the Atlas around from rifle to rifle as most, if not all, chassis systems will accept a forward rail (if not already built in).

I think ORD nailed it. I have one Atlas that gets swapped back & forth between my rigs that will accept it. Those that don't accept the Pic rail Atlas still wear a Harris.

t

I have 3 different Harris 6 -9, and I change them around depending on what rifles I'm taking to the range. I have picatinny adapters for the gas guns. I probably should try to learn to shoot from a bipod, but I'm typically shooting from a bench, and I find sandbags in the front and one in the back to be easier than the bipod. I keep reading about the Atlas bipod on here, and I want to learn more about that. People seem to favor it over Harris, and I know its quite a bit more expensive. If I had an Atlas I would probably just switch it between all of the rifles.

3 rifles' the 0.338LM,0.308 Win and the 0.22LR
only rifles without bi-pod are 0.22HOrnet Anscutz and 0.177 Olympic Feiwerkbau Air rifle
For field use I have the Parker-Hale and for flat surfaces I only use 6-9" BRM-S harris

There's a good review of the Atlas here: 8541 Tactical - Atlas Bipod V8 Review

I have 3 different Harris 6 -9, and I change them around depending on what rifles I'm taking to the range. I have picatinny adapters for the gas guns. I probably should try to learn to shoot from a bipod, but I'm typically shooting from a bench, and I find sandbags in the front and one in the back to be easier than the bipod. I keep reading about the Atlas bipod on here, and I want to learn more about that. People seem to favor it over Harris, and I know its quite a bit more expensive. If I had an Atlas I would probably just switch it between all of the rifles.

I switch my Atlas between pic rail equipped guns and a Harris BRM-S to my guns with sling swivels. It seems to work out pretty well considering I can only fire one at a time. ;)

3 have permanent Atlas bipods, and 2 have harris 6-9BRM. I don't like switching anything around.

One full time...Harris 6-9" on my 700 AAC SD.

downloadxo.jpg

One part time...M2 bipod on my M1A

photo55cz.jpg

Last edited:
I keep a bipod on each rifle. I have a few Atlas's a few LRA's... and one Harris. I can't sit and stare at my rifles with out each having a bipod!

2 so I don't have to keep taking them on and off.. But that's just me.

Both with Atlas BT10-LW17.

I'm also about to order another can for the same reason. I have an 8" barrel and a 12" hand guard on a 300AAC and I don't shoot it as often as I would like because the process of taking the can on and off. (SOCOM-762 doesn't screw on and off)

I forgot to add, that the Harris bipods don't come in a length that I like. So I buy the ones that are about 12 inches long, and cut them down so they are about 8-9 inches when collapsed. That way, they are the right height for my prone shooting without me having to extend the legs. I can still extend them if I want to, but I don't need to mess with making them longer to shoot, and worry about them folding up when I least want them to. The shortening process takes me about 3 hours.

I have 2 rifles with bipods, a DTA with a Atlas, and a Rem700 with a Harris. I prefer not to switch around bipods, I'd rather keep one per rifle.

Last edited:
I just put an Atlas on my .260 the other day, up until then it was a Harris. I have a couple .22 rifles with Harris clones and that's it. I don't put bipods on my AR's, haven't had the need for one and I worked pretty hard to build my last one real light (just over 7lbs with magnified optics) so no reason to throw more weight on it. If I need support with an AR I throw my pack down and use it.

547440_4115120175335_268366965_n.jpg

all of the LR rifle have their own bipods, the "unipod" and the constant switching was getting a real PITA.

Still using Harris Type "S" (swivel). Shorty BR model (6-9) unless the weeds are tall and i need to get up higher.

I have a bunch of them in different sizes and flavors (they've been breeding in a dark closet), but mostly swap my favorite one between rifles as needed. It's the only one with a Pod-Loc. Also, don't have room in the safe to keep them all mounted when stored.

Had a Versapod for a while, but didn't love it.

P.S. Anybody know where I can get more Pod-Locs? I need a couple more...

4 all harris brm-s 6-9 one has notch leg one with AD BP this the bipod travel AR to AR with the QD ad bp

That is one "Pretty site"

I just put an Atlas on my .260 the other day, up until then it was a Harris. I have a couple .22 rifles with Harris clones and that's it. I don't put bipods on my AR's, haven't had the need for one and I worked pretty hard to build my last one real light (just over 7lbs with magnified optics) so no reason to throw more weight on it. If I need support with an AR I throw my pack down and use it.

547440_4115120175335_268366965_n.jpg
Now that's a nice place to shoot!I have to say.

Now that's a nice place to shoot!I have to say.

Thanks but I don't shoot a lot there. That is just some steel I have set up at home for when I feel like I need some quick trigger time. No real distance to speak of. I can stretch it to 100 yards if needed. Despite the acreage I'm on there just really isn't a safe way to get any distance. People have been moving in closer and closer over the years.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Bipods are expensive enough that I plan on using same one for the rifles I have.

That's why I was asking. I've always swapped bipods around from rifle to rifle because I could "only shoot one at a time".

Elite Iron has an outstanding looking bipod called the Revolution. The thing is CRAZY expensive. But, it's no more expensive than 3 Atlas bipods.

I have got a Harris BRM-S 6-9 with Larue QD I that I swap from rig to rig. But I only have two different rifles I run it on so its not a problem. My next bipod will be an Atlas and I will still keep the Harris.

I have several and I like to switch them around. Being a "gadget guy" I like having options. I have two Harris L series "S" types (6-9 and 9-12). The longer one has a LaRue mount. I also have a Parker Hale I bought in the 80's when I was stationed in Germany for my SSG PII, and can mount that on everything (semis and bolts). Heck, I'll even buy a Sako bipod when I pull the trigger on a TRG22.

I have 2 bipods. One is a Harris BRMS with KMW Pod Lock and ADM lever mount the other is the Atlas V8 with ADM lever mount. They get swaped around between 5 or 6 different rifles. I can only shoot two guns at the same time or else I would have more.

I only use 1 bipod on 1 rifle and it's a Harris. And I love it. I've never used an atlas but I've never seen a reason to venture out from what works

M24A2 has a Harris I specifically have for it, but is not attached all of the time
CZ 22LR has a Harris on it 100% of the time
Mk12 Mod 1 has a Harris I specifically have for it but is only attached 50% of the time

All atlas on mine. A couple of spigot style and one with a throw lever clamp(bt17). The spigot style go on the aics and the bt17 goes on everything else. Atlas makes a great bipod that will last the average user a lifetime. BTW if you decide you don't like them they hold their value well.

R

2 Atlas and 1 Harris. Will definitely be purchasing more Atlas in the Future.

Chad

All of them, even.on my CZ .22. So far Harris HBRM(no swivel) 6-9" notched legs+Harris rota-pod works the best for me. I usually cut additional notches on the left leg. This way I can level the rifle on uneven surface and it is still rock solid, not like with the swivel type bi-pods. But I still keep the Atlas, do not know why. Next week will try(first time) original Sako bi-pod.