• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much ammo do you have on hand?

Re: How much ammo do you have on hand?

I don't own any firearms so why would I need any ammo ?

Too bad this thread turned comedy...I was interested in hearing some real replies.

For me, I basically load it, then shoot it. I don't have the time or money to stockile. After awhile it just seems like your ammo locker would be like a wine cellar--"Ah yes, I would recommend this lovely weight-sorted .308 with a 2010 vintage. The 155 gr. Scenars make it crisp and light, but the lightly-compressed Varget provides a robust muzzle-velocity finish".

For HD, I just keep my 12 ga. close by.

It might seem that it turned "comedy" but I'm sure there is a real reason these answers were posted and just because you can't see them don't mean we all aren't showing our tin foil hats.

Topstrap

I started to count my ammo; but after a couple of bullits all my fingers were busy. So, I have about 2.

I have 250,000 rounds of 30mm depleted uranium tank killer rounds for my A10 Warthog I keep in my garage.

At my home in town I keep at least 200 rounds of .223 for the assault rifle. Then for small arms, around 75-100 rounds of 9mm & .40s&w. This is in theory enough for me to make it from my front door to my vehicle should the proverbial "poop hit the fan" and my company need to break out. I specifically have an "Oh-Shit" stash ready to be scooped up and carried to my ultimate destination. That my friends would be our country bunker, no, not Bob's country bunker from the Blues Brothers film, just home away from home.

Not enough, which is why my new home security signs says, " Due to the ammunition shortage there will be no warning shot".

PICT2052.jpg

(Not mine. Seems a little on the light side.)

What's all this "dry-firing" nonsense - you're not "firing" anything! I "dry-practice" because I don't keep ammo around either, that's dangerous. It helps a lot as I haven't had that pesky flinch in quite a while. If I'm in a HD situation, I'll use harsh language - get used to it because that's probably the only thing the govt. is going to let us have anyway.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PICT2052.jpg

Well done. That's a good start
wink.gif
. We have ours in an upstairs walk in closet, and I'm starting to worry about load bearing issues with the floor
smile.gif

(Not mine. Seems a little on the light side.) </div></div>

It seems every time I go to Cabelas a couple of boxes make it home with me.

I could see where this thread was going.Thanks for the laughs, Lightman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cproflow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad this thread turned comedy...I was interested in hearing some real replies.

For me, I basically load it, then shoot it. I don't have the time or money to stockile. After awhile it just seems like your ammo locker would be like a wine cellar--"Ah yes, I would recommend this lovely weight-sorted .308 with a 2010 vintage. The 155 gr. Scenars make it crisp and light, but the lightly-compressed Varget provides a robust muzzle-velocity finish".

For HD, I just keep my 12 ga. close by. </div></div>

I have a habit of purchasing a decent amount of ammo when I buy a new gun. I have approximately 1000 total rounds which includes .22, .223 and my 30-06.

I still have about 12 boxes for my 30-06 since it was purchased for hunting and I haven't shot it much in the last few years. Rising ammo prices can shock the hell out of you when it's been 5 years since you picked some up.

As much as I can reasonably afford and store.
But I will suggest not trying to move it all cross-county. It is heavier than you think when you start packing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cproflow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad this thread turned comedy...I was interested in hearing some real replies.

For HD, I just keep my 12 ga. close by. </div></div>

We got a winner, I spit out my drink reading this one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">250 rounds ready to "rock and roll"... as long as there are no duds.

KGrHqVnUFIcLpmimBQOUf0QZrw60_57.jpg
</div></div>

just love that

Jeeze; a guy could get rich sellin' holey boats...!

Sold my guns, bought an Air pellet rifle with 5 pellets .

Who needs bullets when you've got the deadliest weapon of all- your index finger. That's all I need to dial 911 and it's 100% accurate.

Oh yeah I forgot, I keep a box of paperclips and a rubber band around for home defense. Thinking about some thumb tacks, but that might be overdoing it.

Ammo? For what. Come look in my gun safe that is clearly visible in my home. In it are two broken revolvers that are at least 20 years old and a broken 22 pump. You are free to confiscate those, they do not fire anyways. As far as ammo goes, I think there is a box with about 15 .22 rounds in it. Take it too. No use for it. Have a nice day officer.

An honest answer, come on FBI party van, I'm waiting. Anywhere between 20-100 .308 reloads, sometimes less, and box of .22LR floating around somewhere.

Two rifles, in college, shoot them as often as I can.

one of these days when the price comes down i'm gonna buy some just to have...

someone told me that there is a law that says if you have an X amount of ammo (he didn't know the exact amount), you are considered a stockpiler and a domestic terrorist. is this true?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found one today, just laying there in the middle of the street.

For sale:

1 really scratched, dull, 9mm round.

Do not know the the weight, but it is an fmj, magtech headstamp.

Make me an offer.

Zach </div></div>

I'll give you a stick of bubble gum

They told me at the gun store that all I had to do when some one broke into my home was rack the pump on the shotgun and the burglar would wet his pants and run away. So I made an audio recording of the sound when he racked the shot gun and use that for the sound output on my burglar alarm. Who needs a gun. This was way cheaper. What on earth is that smell! Sure doesn't smell like urine!