• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns How much are these 1911's worth?

jeffl838

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013

So the one with black grips is a 1950's Colt National Match. It's got the NM bushing too. Decent trigger, Bomar rib. Wadcutter gun. The stippling is meh, so it's covered up with the wraparound grip.

The one with wood grips is a custom built off an American Springfield frame and Colt parts. It's also a wadcutter gun. Both guns chamber hardball fine thought. I slapped a full power spring in this one and have shot ~100 rounds of hardball out of it with no noticeable issues. The trigger is good, but a little heavy. The stippling is WICKED NASTY SICK. It looks like a glock stipple, it's insane and badass. I thought about shooting USPSA single stack with this with some high vis paint on the front sight.

Curious on what these might be worth because I might be selling one (maybe both). If anyone knows anywhere else to post this, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Knowing who built them and a complete list of modifications would be helpful. Also, a sight like 1911Addicts would have a lot more information.

Reactions: bourbonbent
Who built them could have a huge effect on value, in both directions.

Taken as is, unless they’re currently competitive bullseye guns, probably not as much as you’d like, and maybe not even what they’re worth. Again, depends a lot on who built them. That can quickly change things.

I don't think they are going to bring in anything special. The GCNM came out in 1957 so you don't have the last run on the original GC's. Some of the parts in today's match grade 1911's are better, barrels and sights come to mind.

I think you may have a pair of $800 pistols.

Reactions: RTH1800
I'd put them in the $1000 to $1200 range. New Springfield RSO's were around $800 last I looked at prices.

The issue is they are not in line with current competitive games and no collector would be interested. Skinny market.

Reactions: antithesis
Please don't be dismayed by the prices quoted in this thread. You have a couple of really cool, old school, bullseye pistols. Just as it is with hot rod cars, over time styles change, and people's preferences change. I think most of the prices quoted here are pretty reasonable, but just as with cars, it only takes one person who has been looking for just that kind of pistol to make YOUR pistol worth plenty more money. The difficulty is you don't know if that one person is in Atlanta, Seattle, Los Angles, Fort Lauderdale, or Denver.

If you are serious about selling them, list them with a reserve bid, so you won't have to sell for anything under that amount. Bear in mind that the auction house will always take their cut if you do sell, so keep that in mind. Figure out how much the auction house charges for ALL FEES, SHIPPING, TRANSFERS etc.

Some auction houses have sneaky ways of extracting even money than what you expect is the standard commission. You just have to know all the questions to ask BEFORE you list the items.

IIRC, some even have fees for simply placing the item for sale. That way, if you decide not to sell, the auction house can still get something for placing the add. I may be in the minority of thinking that is fair, because it does take the auction house time to place the add and then withdraw it.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
All depends on who built them. If they were kitchen table jobs by guys who used rasps and stick welders... take national match gold cup prices and subtract.

If built by one of the masters. Start multiplying. Sometimes by a lot.

If they were used by household name competitors or champions. Multiply some more!

Provenance is everything. Research is your friend!

Cheers, Sirhr

I’ve collected this style of 1912 for years. It really depends who built them.

Unknown builders I’d offer $600 on the mixmaster and $700 on the Colt.

If modified/built by a known builder, then the price goes up, but not to much. The parts used also factor in.