• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much bite? (AK pic rail light)

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
So is this unsat, or is it ok?

I’m going to have to 3D print a new plastic pic rail “key” so it will lock in the forward/back slot, but as far as gripping the actual rail is this ok, or not enough rail for this light?

98693-B75-3733-461-E-9-BAB-51-FF8-D3-DDA3-A.jpg

C25-ABB79-88-E8-4-A8-A-BCF8-00-E7-B3927639.jpg

Is that an AK pistol?

KP-9

I ask because the AK pistol in 7.62x39 expels quite a fireball of unburnt powder & crap on the way out.
I suppose a 9mm less so.
I think in time you will F-Up the light.

Reactions: Jerry m
I see the light catching some hell from the exposure to the flash hider, and all that comes out the business end.
Good test to see how the light holds up :)

Reactions: Huskydriver
Being a 9 it will probably be fine. I don’t think the brake will effect it much either

Not sure I’d expect it to take abuse really well but for general stuff it probably will hold up ok

Probably get covered in powder residue. Especially if the lens gets wet

Being a 9 it will probably be fine. I don’t think the brake will effect it much either

Not sure I’d expect it to take abuse really well but for general stuff it probably will hold up ok

Probably get covered in powder residue. Especially if the lens gets wet

Hold up due to the location or the rail?

Figure the MP5 ran a light in a similar position blast wise

main-qimg-7c7f262abe6fb21d2e19bc3a48fb5eb0

Big question is the rail situation

Hold up due to the location or the rail?

Figure the MP5 ran a light in a similar position blast wise

main-qimg-7c7f262abe6fb21d2e19bc3a48fb5eb0

Big question is the rail situation
Location to me looks great. I just meant if you say smacked the light on a door or vehicle etc that the mount on the light itself may fail with only a bit attached to rail.

Honestly it will probably be just fine

I mean I’ve cracked spuhr mounts before. So my worry on a fail point would be the aluminum clamp with all the pressure on one side of the screw

Reactions: TurboTrout
Location to me looks great. I just meant if you say smacked the light on a door or vehicle etc that the mount on the light itself may fail with only a bit attached to rail.

Honestly it will probably be just fine

I mean I’ve cracked spuhr mounts before. So my worry on a fail point would be the aluminum clamp with all the pressure on one side of the screw

Gotcha, and that makes sense

But outside of taking a hit, probably would be ok without self destructing the rail or light with recoil and normal handling?

Sucks trying to find the totally correct light for that mount, I guess it’s a Russian light, which makes sense as the gun is a K-USA’s vityaz clone

But impossible to get with bidens proxy war, and also appears to only be 500l vs the stream light being 1000l

EDE9-D984-69-FD-4-F66-AE39-66554-B210-D21.jpg

Would be the same as this setup in theory. This has been used for a long time and everyone seems happy with it still
D9A2ED57-5FA1-4D34-9A2D-3E78B845332E.jpeg

Would be the same as this setup in theory. This has been used for a long time and everyone seems happy with it still View attachment 7964174
He’s asking about the clamp only engaging on the back 40-45% of the light clamp

There’s not much recoil with the 9 so it’s probably fine. Again the kicker would be drop the gun, hit it on a door etc and shear the aluminum clamp as it’s less than half engaged and it’s the back half so anything that contacts the front of the light will have a longer impact leverage (if that makes sense) vs say the contact point being in the mid point of the light

If you have a way to make an adapter to clamp completely to the lug then completely to the light that probably be better. Would be the weak point should it take a hit.

Although nobody plans to hit something with their gun even bending down behind a barricade or exiting a vehicle etc the light will contact the ground before the muzzle device

Guess go blast a mag or ten in it and see what she says?

I personally don’t think just shooting it as a range toy will cause any issues whatsoever. But most people don’t put lights on range toys

So I guess to find out you’re going to have to drop it 🤪

Next question,

Is the recoil lug in the light against something so it doesn’t slip forward under recoil?

Next question,

Is the recoil lug in the light against something so it doesn’t slip forward under recoil?

That’s the other thing, I’m going to have to 3d print a new plastic lug for it, just kinda wondering if there is a better option, I really like that stream light, but it somewhat feels like I’m trying to force a square peg in the round hole

Last edited:
He’s asking about the clamp only engaging on the back 40-45% of the light clamp

There’s not much recoil with the 9 so it’s probably fine. Again the kicker would be drop the gun, hit it on a door etc and shear the aluminum clamp as it’s less than half engaged and it’s the back half so anything that contacts the front of the light will have a longer impact leverage (if that makes sense) vs say the contact point being in the mid point of the light

If you have a way to make an adapter to clamp completely to the lug then completely to the light that probably be better. Would be the weak point should it take a hit.

Although nobody plans to hit something with their gun even bending down behind a barricade or exiting a vehicle etc the light will contact the ground before the muzzle device

Any ideas on a product or solution?

Man the paddle switches work really well with the KP9, I’d get the Russian light but it’s got buttons and is half the power

I would have a proper Operator's (dial "O" for operator) glove on my left hand during the trials.

That’s the other thing, I’m going to have to 3d print a new plastic lug for it, just kinda wondering if there is a better option, I really like that stream light, but it somewhat feels like I’m trying to force a square peg in the round hole
With no lug it could definitely slip forward

Reactions: TurboTrout
Any ideas on a product or solution?

Man the paddle switches work really well with the KP9, I’d get the Russian light but it’s got buttons and is half the power
Off the top of my head no. I have the same light (tlr 1HL) you have there on my Tavor. Then I have the same with the green laser (tlr1HLG) on my SBR and also the HP model on my 16” AR. So I definitely am a streamlight fan

In comparison I have a crimson trace on my scorpion and it’s shit in comparison to streamlight

Off the top of my head no. I have the same light (tlr 1HL) you have there on my Tavor. Then I have the same with the green laser (tlr1HLG) on my SBR and also the HP model on my 16” AR. So I definitely am a streamlight fan

In comparison I have a crimson trace on my scorpion and it’s shit in comparison to streamlight

Maybe if I added a small pic rail insert forward to equalize the clamping force?

For sure will make a new lug

DED7-DA5-C-3-D2-B-4634-B42-C-38-FB0-AFDB618.jpg

Last edited: