• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How much do I love Vortex?

ninetoad

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2011
Lincoln City, Oregon
I recently returned from a vacation in the high deserts of central Nevada. I spent quite a bit of time shooting with a good friend at ranges between 500 and 2100 yards. I began noticing my elevation turit was getting stiff on the second day and at the end of the trip it had completely locked up. The conditions were hot and dry as you would expect in Nevada in the summer.
Upon returning home I contacted Vortex and asked them about it. Their staff was very helpful and we had the problem diagnosed in no time. As it turns out the first several runs of Razor scopes were lacking a little lube on an internal O-ring and mine had dried out in the dust and heat and was completely ruined. The Vortex representative assured me he would replace it and also asked me to check the inside of the turret to see if the anodizing had been worn. Sure enough it was a bit. I was told he would send out replacement parts immediatly and they would be delivered overnight so I could have my scope ready for the week end. I opened the door the next morning (my morning is about 1400 hours due to graveyard shift) and there were my parts.
When I purchased my Razor it was my largest fire arm purchas next to my Wilson 1911, and one of the main reasons was their warranty. I am very pleased to see a company stick by their product and customers. THANK YOU VORTEX!!!!!!
Now I just need to send the scope in and get their ebr2 reticule and the 10 mill turrets installed.
grin.gif

Re: How much do I love Vortex?

I had never heard of Vortex till I started coming to the hide a couple of years ago. It is posts like yours that convinced me that it was ok to buy Vortex.

I have and I am very happy with my purchases. I am going to buy a 6-24 power next.

Thanks for posting your expierence with Vortex. Its always nice to hear about GOOD customer service. when buying a quality scope, customer service is a very important part of making a decision on a purchase. I am a Loupold Fan, but I think my next scope will be a Vortex.

I have nothing but good things to say about my Vortex PST 2.5-10x. Very repeatable, great features, and rock solid. I have it mounted to a Savage model 11 in .243 with a game reaper DNZ tactical 10moa mount. Handloaded 105gr Amax @ 3000fps. I can rock the steel gong all day long at 750yds. Of course its a large 20" gong. Great scope on a light field rifle.

Still waitin on a Razor-hope not to have to use the warrenty, but it's good to know it's there.

I had to use 94 MOA to get my 260 rem out to 2100 yards. With 70 MOA of adjustment in my scope with a 20 MOA base I had to zoom out to 10 power to get a clear picture holding over the other 24 MOA in my reticule. I was still able to make out my 17" x 20" steel and my 1 gallon milk jug no problem. Great glass!! FFP rocks!!

ninetode, that kicks ass. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Love my Viper PST, great glass for the price.

My buddy picked up a Viper pst while I was in Nevada. I was vary impressed by how bright it was. I think it was brighter than my Razor, just not quite as sharp. They seem like a great scope. If anyone in the Las Vegas or Salt Lake area is looking for a Viper 6-24 in mill or MOA, Sportsworld in Ely Nevada has a few in stock.