• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How much does your 30P-1 weigh?

I have 2. One has never been used yet and weighs 17.1 ounces. The other has approx. 200 rounds through it and weighs 17.45 ounces, but I did not weight it when it was new. They are 5/8x24 thread pitch.

How many rounds have you fired through yours, and what type ammo? Its hard for me to fathom a centerfire can with over 3 ounces of buildup.

Should be 16-17 ounces depending on threads.

Most of them will get to a steady state and not add much more weight. Some will keeping adding - we've found that it depends on powder and load: some combinations foul worse than others. It's generally easier to keep it clean if you soak it in a carbon cutter like CLR periodically when you see it's a few ounces over.

24.2oz. This is no shit. Zak and Ray both have felt it and where blown away. I'm just waiting for comp season to end and then they can have at trying to get it clean haha

I have a 30BA. I have 1700 rounds of M118LR, 1000 rounds of power pro 2000 in 308 and about 2k rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor using H4350. I notice a lot of build up in the blast baffle so I decide to throw it in my ultra sonic tank. I was knocking crap loose for an hour. I got about 2 ounces from it, not including what dissolved into the liquid. My brake gets so much build up it gets very difficult to remove and install the can, I've made it into a direct thread can and the barrel threads are a course 18x1.5 mm and it works great! I driled the break and made a spanner wrench and used low strength loctite to lock the brake into the can.

Yea. I use would use a razor blade on the flats and stainless wire brush every other outing. To me, H4350 has been much dirtier than 2000MR and what ever is in M118LR.

Yes Zak its about 5500 rounds of pure H1000. You felt it at the RMSQ last month. I was hoping Ray would get the super carbon melter formula in from the chemical company you guys where taking about. Last I heard it wasn't in yet.

Dont want to hijack this thread but I dont feal its worth starting a new one either. Just put the first few rounds threw my new 30p-1 and when we were getting ready to go, noticed a very strong ammonia smell from the can. Not worried just curious what it comes from, my only guess was from the powder, and will this always be the case or is it just because its brand new?

FWIW, I have had good luck with KG-1 (Cleaning: Metal Protective Coating | Firearm Lubricants | Industrial Coatings). Their copper dissolver (KG-12) is great as well.

I think some of the commercially available stuff would work if mine wasn't so far gone. Zak and Ray have a process at their shop and they said it would more than likely take 3-4 weeks to get mine clean and that's using some techniques I don't have haha. Like I said, as soon as I'm pretty much done with all the matches for this year I'll send it down and let them chip away at it. By then it should most definitely go down on the books as the dirtiest and heaviest 30P-1 to ever come back to them haha.