• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How much elevation travel in ATACR 7-35

Yerman

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
So, I know that Nightforce says their 7-35 has 27.3 mils of travel on their website but here is a link to two articles where someone is claiming they are getting 36.3 mils of elevation. I would just assume it’s a typo but he is very specific and says it multiple times in these two articles.

I tried calling Nightforce twice today but got their machine both times. Can anyone help shed some light on this? Do you think he means to type 26.3 mils?

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2018/06/06/300-norma-mag-custom-elr-rifle/

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2018/08/05/extreme-long-range-tips-optics-mounts/

Also, if anyone knows how to reach the author, I’d love to send him an email. I can’t figure out how to comment on his blog and I can’t find his email address.

Had one and it was something around 34 or 35 Mils.

It’s well know the 7-35 specs understate the total travel.

Reactions: CSTactical
I just checked mine. 37 MILs on the nose. Pretty incredible with an advertised 27 MILs haha

What rail cant and ring cant combination are you guys using?

Mine is on a CZ455 trainer. I have an Area 419 15 MOA rail and Burris XTR Signature rings. I was hoping I would be able to get the scope down lower for better cheek weld with the 15 moa rail vs the 30. But I had to shim an additional 30 MOA through the rings to get a 25 yard zero and still have two full turns. So while the scope has 36.7, I only have roughly 24 usable.

That's amazing for a 35x scope to have that much elevation. I'm digging the 7-35.

37.1 here.

I have it in a 20MOA Unimount. This let me dial to 1800yds in 4000ish DA with my 6.5 Creedmoor. I had to hold a few mils when I sprayed and prayed at 2000.

Reactions: alaskalanche