• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much info does an FFL need?

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    I bought something off gunbroker from a pawn shop in Texas and I was not pleased with how much information they wanted from me. Is this a Texas thing or am I about to get hosed?

Pretty much but I don't remember any other seller asking for that.
    The pawnbroker is the seller. They don't need anything other than your name and the name of the FFL they're shipping to. They're not the ones who fill out a 4473.

Tell them to get fucked.

I just bought a rifle from an out of state seller through gunbroker and they did not need any personal information other than what they got through Gunbroker to ship.

Reactions: MtnCreek
    The pawnbroker is the seller. They don't need anything other than your name and the name of the FFL they're shipping to. They're not the ones who fill out a 4473.

Tell them to get fucked.

I just bought a rifle from an out of state seller through gunbroker and they did not need any personal information other than what they got through Gunbroker to ship.

This. If they are shipping to your FFL in state they need your FFL's paperwork and nothing from you but your billing info and payment - assuming Maryland doesn't have anything specific to this that is wacky.

Reactions: 19Scout77
    Yeah if it shipping to an FLL, TX has no special reqs.

Quite honestly, the requirements of another state where I don't live aren't my problem. I won't give a seller anything other than payment, my name, and the FFL information.

If their state says they need more, they can keep their gun and I can keep my money.

It was probably more for verification of payment. I seem to recall that G/B went through a fairly involved "payment update requirement". Don't remember any particulars though.....

It was probably more for verification of payment. I seem to recall that G/B went through a fairly involved "payment update requirement". Don't remember any particulars though.....

Eye color?

You sure that's a form of payment verification?

I've only ever given the sending FFL my name, and contact info, so that when the receiving FFL gets it, they know how to get a hold of me.