• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How much is this AR15 worth?

lovetsx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2009
kentucky
How much is this AR15 worth?
It is a colt sporter match HBAR 1/7. Carrying bag 6 mags two ammo boxes filled with 223.

Thanks...

Re: How much is this AR15 worth?

I'd say $250 at the most, but since it is the holiday season, I'd give you $350.00 shipped
grin.gif

$400 just because of those boobs under your name.

Sendero Man is playing with you.

You need to try to post a picture or link to a picture and provide more info about condition, age, etc.

Might I suggest you look at the for sale pages here on the hide, to give you an idea of the value of the AR you are contemplating?

Just an idea.

Neil

Well I was in a hurry. didn't have time to research it. originally he wanted $1400. Now he is offering it to me for $1000. I am in possession of it and can take pictures later tonight. Was going to give him the money in the morning. Got deer to process tonight from the weekend and don't have much time. You guy have always given me the answers fast in the past.

Love this site. LL has convinced me to quit cleaning my guns and they shoot better. Guys share naked pic of their wifes. Answer ALL my reloading questions. Great jokes to make me laugh. What more could a man want.

thanks

"Love this site. LL has convinced me to quit cleaning my guns and they shoot better. Guys share naked pic of their wifes. Answer ALL my reloading questions. Great jokes to make me laugh. What more could a man want."
It's pretty bad ass untill you have to go into the barrel.

Love this site. LL has convinced me to quit cleaning my guns and they shoot better. Guys share naked pic of their wifes. Answer ALL my reloading questions. Great jokes to make me laugh. What more could a man want.

+1000000000000

Thats a good deal if it is in sound condition, clean bore, no pitting and such... how many rounds down barrel would be important to assess as well. Ammo and bag a real value too.

ammo here is about $375-$450 a case for 223, depending on type. colts always seem to cost more. ARs at the gun show are $700 and up again depending on brand, but never that cheap for colts. quick math says it sounds like a deal. how many rounds in the deal?

Just bought it. He says about 500 rd down the tube. There is about 1400 loose rounds in a metal ammo box.

Now I need to know a good load to shoot since I have dies for this.

Any advice on what kind of rail or mount to put on this for a scope or red dot?

i think when i do scope my ARs, i will go with the leupold AR line. look thru the forum, there is a post about them. they have BDC knobs for the 55gr ammo. dont know if it has knobs for other bullet weights. thats close to 3 bills. but (sheilds up) BSA has a scope called sweet 223 with 3 different knobs for differnt bullet weights. (sheilds down) its priced lower. not sure of your budget so i thought id throw that in there.

If you paid the guy $1000 you definitely got a good deal.
1400rnds of ammo alone is $500 at today's prices(and that's a low estimate depending on brand), mags $50-120,
the bag, depends, I'd consider it a freebie with the deal, (the mags for that matter) so you can figure you paid $500 for the gun.

Scope mounts, I'm sure it has the fixed carry handle, so I like the A.R.M.'s mounts, they are cheap and easy to find, and are of top quality, and for a red dot if you don't want it that high, I got a goose neck style on one of mine, it puts the scope in-line with the iron sights.

The 1/7 twist lets you load about anything you want, 69grn is a good choice and can be easily loaded for use in the mag, I know now there are some 77 gr bullets that can be loaded for mags, I did up some 77gr that had to be singe fed (pita).

Do you know if it is pre-or post ban? (been in the safe a long time if it's pre with only 500rds through it)
Does it have the (i don't know the name for it) but the block pinned into the lower receiver to prevent a drop in auto sear to be used? I bought mine in the early 90's,Colt Delta package, with Aluminum case scope and cheek rest.

You got a good deal.
Curt

Bought new in '89. Yes on the block in lower receiver. There is mold stains on the lower stock and nylon case. But rifle was well oiled. He was a contractor at FT Knox. He was putting over head duct work in barracks. He found the mags laying on ceiling tiles over head and would take them. They all say M16 on them. A lot of the ammo was gotten the same way. He would find it hidden different places and take it. Also came with several mag pouches. I guess soldiers hid stuff over head for inspection...