• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How much R700 bolt play is acceptable?

Pointblanktx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2012
Tampa, FL
Just bought a brand new R700 AAC SD .308 and noticed when there is no dummy rd. in the chamber and bolt has not been cycled, that there is a little up/down and forward and backward play when the handle is in the downward position. But it does go away with the dummy rd. or spent case in the chamber. Is this normal? I have a R700 LTR in .223 and the bolt on that is a tight fit no matter if there is a rd. in it or not...cycled or not. Is this just tolerance differences between the calibers...or did I get a "made on friday" gun?

Re: How much R700 bolt play is acceptable?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tjsjr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In for interest on this as well. With the gin in my signature. </div></div>

Yours like that also?

I have an AAC SD in an A5 and it doesn't move at all when bolt is down. It's real tight with a round in the chamber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblanktx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tjsjr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In for interest on this as well. With the gin in my signature. </div></div>

Yours like that also? </div></div>
Yea forward and backwards about a 1/16" and the handle is loose about a 1/4" (inch, not 1/4 of the ways) through the rotation up before the cocking engages. Defiantly not a "bank vault" like I expected. This is on empty chamber, no rounds or spent brass to check "loaded"

If you do a search you'll find your answer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtv3062</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you do a search you'll find your answer. </div></div>
Fucking douchebag, if you've got nothing better just leave.

With the firing pin down, the fore and aft play is the clearance of the front of the locking lugs to barrel distance. I believe Remingtons spec is about .010".

This is common and normal in factory guns. As stated above fore and aft play is about .010" and the radial play between the bolt and receiver is about .005-.007" these are both common clearences in the factory guns. On occasion things are sometimes further out than that though.

Is the bolt timed correctly - does it cam?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanTarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtv3062</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you do a search you'll find your answer. </div></div>
Fucking douchebag, if you've got nothing better just leave. </div></div>

Hi, sometimes all it takes is to do a little search. It's been asked here several times.