• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much scope cant?

ohnomrbillk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2004
Missouri
I’m doing a few upgrades on my CZ 455 in 22 LR.

I’d like to upgrade to the Area 419 scope rail. It comes in 15 or 30 MOA. Unsure of which one. I searched the forums, but I’m not finding much.

This will likely be shooting nearly 100% subsonic ammo with suppressor in place.

Although I’m not opposed to trying a 300 yard shot, I suspect most of my shooting will be a 200 yards and under.

Glass is to be determined, but likely something to match one of my center fires.

I bought 30 for mine. Ran a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 3-15 and it was great. Ran 24mm high rings

I run 0 MOA on my 22's but have over 30 MIL vert adj in the scopes. IF I had to pick between 15 and 30 MOA base I'd take the 15. You can rapidly run out of short range use if you dont have enough vertical adjustment and a 30 MOA base (think of a cheaper 1" tube scope with less than 40 MOA adj like the "shoot a squirrel" crowd likes to run).

I"m actually trying ot figure this out myself. I just bought a Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24 to toss on my little .22

Trying to figure out if I have enough vertical adjustment to put a 15, 20, or 30 MOA cant on it as well.

Depends on how much travel the optic has and/or turrets will allow.

I had an amg with about 40moa cant (20 rail and 20.6 Spuhr) and I was able to zero at 30yds.

If I remember correctly, I had about 22mils useable of the 27.5 the amg has available.

Wow... well thats good to know. A 20 MOA cant would probably be sufficient then and also not have issues being to much?

Wow... well thats good to know. A 20 MOA cant would probably be sufficient then and also not have issues being to much?

Do you have your diamondback mounted and zero’d at your preferred zero distance?

If so, check and see if you have enough travel left to accomadate more cant and how much.

Also, do you need it to shoot further? If you have enough adjustment for your max distance currently, and don’t plan on extending, no need for the extra cant/adjustment.

I don't have it mounted yet. I ordered it two days ago.
I'm looking to buy a mount that has cant built into it. My rail is a 0 MOA at this time, so I was thinking about buying hte mount with 20 MOA. The scope has a total of 19 MIL (I think 84 MOA?) of elevelation. So wanted to buy the right rings one time.

I have a 20 moa rail and a 20 moa ADM recon SL scope mount on my vudoo V22. I am running an Athlon Ares ETR and I have 24 mils worth of dial and I am still able to zero at 25 yards.

Burris Signature Zee Rings with the 20 degree inserts will be your friend. You can use 0 degree inserts or a +20 on the back lower and a -20 on the front lower and get am total of 40 degrees if the need arises AND they do not mar your scope.

A lot of combinations as well as left and right adjustment if you want to keep your scope optically centered and still have fiull left and right windage.

Just a FYI: when mounting my Vortex Viper PMT II, I need absolutely no need for adjustment right or left and ony minor elevation as justment dfue to the factory 20 MOA base.

I run a 20MOA base on my Savage MKII. I shoot primarily at 50 yards and have no problem zeroing. I have about 15 mils of up travel which is plenty for longer ranges up the realistic limits of the .22 LR.