• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos how not to treat a Mark I

Re: how not to treat a Mark I

Smooth out the pits as best as you can. Blast it w/ rough grit to "even things out", parkerize it.

Cheers,

Doc

A buddy of mine found an old remmy 788 in 30-06 in a friends attic, it was so pitted and rusted, he blasted all the rust off, and left it "textured".. He calls it his "rat rod" lol

Its ugly, but shoots great

CH

i am now goin to go wipe down all my guns with oil, damn man

Im more interested in how the hell that scope is mounted on there? Custom hillbilly drill/tap job? I hope you didnt pay more than $5 for that, or were paid to take it.

Both of my Mk II's are D/T'd for scope mounts from the factory. Perhaps this one is as well?

I'd try a file/sandpaper to clean it up as much as possible, then rough grit blast it and park it.

Or, if you want something more refined looking get high temp JB weld (the stuff they claim can go on an engine block) and fill/sand the pits. Then coat it with duracoat, cerakote, teflon, etc. and bake it on

After that, it will disappear.

I'm thinking a bit of sand blasting, some bondo, krylon green and top it off with a Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 TMR and see how it groups at 100 then take it out to the 1000. I believe that you may have a rare Ruger Mark I sniper pistol used as a "Black Ops" long range pistol. The pitting was an expensive option on this model but well worth the price....But in all seriousness I would take what parts are good and junk the rest. I'm sure that you can find a Mark I on Gunbroker that needs the parts that are good on this one.