• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How old is this?

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Pretty simple question. I'd like a ballpark age on this bottle and packaging. Last time they made them is fine. Local gun shop owner says five years.

I love the smell of that stuff! I have a bottle like that that came in a cleaning kit from the early 1980s.

It was sold like that up to the last time I bought it. Not old.

At least eight years. I think they had to remove the nitro-benzine and ofcourse that was the smell we splash on after shaving...

It seems to me that yellow box went away some time in the '90's. There was a lot of old stock out there, as that was when everybody started cleaning rifles like benchrest guns. All the 'new' products came out about then and they were 'better' because, as MJ1 said, the nitro benzene was removed. It's also about the time that ammonia really started to get used heavily to remove copper.

My guess, early '90's.