• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How old when you first broke 1000 yds?

I was 51, we were leap frogging IPSC's down a road, light drizzle, absolutely no wind, my 900 & 1k were 1st round hits, I'd shot to 800 before. By my hits at 9&1K, I could have hit a half moa size plate, will never forget it, but neither will my checkbook:eek:
I've never shot in air that dense since, rain yes, but hearing the bullet in flight all the way to the target was awesome. First taste of bullet trace on every shot also. Debunked theories on spin drift with 6.5 bullets, and corioli-anal effect that day also.
Within a year I'd made the journey to 2100 yards, have toned it down since and concentrate more on making every shot count, but that's a whole new chapter.

Hate to say I was over 40. But proud to say my son did it at around 10!!

32, in a place i will never go back because the owner is an asshole!!!!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhh!

29 on the qualifying line at a range. before that was only 300 yards. The greatest day at the range i have ever had.

23 years old for me.
Was too poor to afford anything worth a damn before then :(

i was 49, hit 1000 yrds with my 260. picked up my 338 nm and hit 1000, then went straight out to 1 mile, 1st round hit. it was a good day, also had alot of friends there to see it

I was probably 24yo when I set up and did a 10 round group at a 1000y with a Tikka model 55 in 308 win. Group was about 24". That's when I decided to build my 308 Baer.

I was 32 the first time I went past 1k, my son on the other hand is 7 and has been 1350 on a 10" gong. Lucky little kid! lol

26 at a school. Had the best spotter I ever had that day. Definite bucket list moment. Spotter helped me have first three shots group 10". Perfect conditions, negligible winds.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk