• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How to accurize an AR15

Re: How to accurize an AR15

So if a good builder follows all the best practices, would the resulting rifle maintain a consistent zero if first zeroed on a bench with sandbags, then later shot from prone using a bipod?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stinkyDrunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if a good builder follows all the best practices, would the resulting rifle maintain a consistent zero if first zeroed on a bench with sandbags, then later shot from prone using a bipod? </div></div>What are you asking? Whether the builder is responsible when a rifle maintains its zero?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stinkyDrunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if a good builder follows all the best practices, would the resulting rifle maintain a consistent zero if first zeroed on a bench with sandbags, then later shot from prone using a bipod? </div></div>What are you asking? Whether the builder is responsible when a rifle maintains its zero? </div></div>

Maybe. I'm trying to debug a rifle I have, that has a shifting zero, between bench and prone. Without derailing the thread further with my own problems, I'm wondering what the general expectation is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. I knew that there had to be something that could be done to get more out of the AR platform. There is always something that can be done. If you asked most people they will say that the AR platform is not known for its accuracy. This is because no one expects that much out of them. Look at how much goes into a bolt action. If you were put to that amount of time into machining and tweeking an AR then it to will be accurate.</div></div>

yep...agree. I have been quizzing gunsmiths about it for several years and got a very similar answer.
Some share their secrets. Some don't. :))

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stinkyDrunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Maybe. I'm trying to debug a rifle I have, that has a shifting zero, between bench and prone. Without derailing the thread further with my own problems, I'm wondering what the general expectation is. </div></div>

look to the optics, particularly AO - is it adjusted precisely?