• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How to apply for a Suppressor

Jrb572

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Ok I am wanting to purchase a suppressor. How do you go about getting it done? I have Seen set up a trust or get a CLEO signature. What ways have everybody here gone about getting theirs. I live in Mo. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

Re: How to apply for a Suppressor

Missery has some screwy trust laws, I would go the indivual route first, then Trust LLC whatever, whomever you buy the suppressor from will know whats easiest for all involved.

Thanks. Ok it says For Mo. you need to be FFL or C&R. I guess its easier for the C&R than an FFL. Is it hard to obtain either of them.

I've heard a C&R is pretty easy, but a normal FFL is less so.

I bought via a trust. It was easy.

1) order suppressor & wait
    2) When suppressor arrives at dealer fill out paperwork & submit
    3) Wait
    4) Wait
    5) Wait
    6) pick-up suppressor when tax stamp arrives.

jrb, With the change in MO law I've been thinking the exact same thing. I'm planning on taking care of the C&R soon, which I'm told is the quick part (1-2 months). I had a couple good conversations with the guys at C&S Metall-Werkes about it. May be worth the drive down 94. I think the store-front's only open Friday/Saturday.

Where is that located at? So there ok guys over there? thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Joe

If you would let me know how it goes. I waiting for my rifle to return from G.A. Precision.

I have thought about that route too. whats the difference in applying to build one?

Called the form 1.
    Easy is a relitive term , if you got machinery.
    Well a nice suppresor, not a soda bottle.

So the same rules apply though in Mo I have seen you have to have an ffl or a C&R.

C&S are on Old 94 around Harvester (if you’re headed E on 94 it’s before you get to Page), tucked back in a light industrial area. Easy to miss. I’ve got a couple things from them (including the 10-22 krinker-plinker kit) and they were good-to-go. They’re a class III dealer and when I was there in Dec they had several cans to look at (large and small caliber). http://www.csmetall-werkes.com/

Rob

Just remembered. They usually go to the Knobb Creek machine gun show which is this weekend, so they'll probably be closed. Call first.

Thanks I'll give them a call