• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft how to avoid detection at night

Re: how to avoid detection at night

let the page load before scrolling down, if not just keep refreshing until it loads

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t45giS2LHbM&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t45giS2LHbM&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Was that you that got busted?</div></div>
I wish that donkey would have drop kicked that fool.
Thats some sic dudes
....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just read some interesing info on polar bears, apparantly they cant be seen with detectors due to their coat color, presume one could wear a polar bear coat to avoid detection. </div></div>

They don't have a "coat color"....polar bear hairs are hollow, and transparent.

They appear "white" due to the reflection of all visable wavelengths of light, and absorbing none.

That, and other worthless shit can be found on that animal planet channel my kid watches......

Remember that a red lens can be seen as far away as white light. Don't get slopy with our light discipline.

Sometimes this works, try a Poncho with two layers of space blankets sewn in as a liner. Does not always work but I have known some people to use it and get by.

I don't understand why its so difficult to conceive a solution to thermal imaging detection. Just go to your nearest university/LAB/ninja buddy, grab a FLIR cam and do some testing. I have a suspicion a space blanket would work quite well. If not that there are 4-5mm wet-suits and dry-suits which are excellent insulators and thus could make good camouflage.

Omg..Isn't this against terms of service somewhere? Wat thee fuck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fjkhoury01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't understand why its so difficult to conceive a solution to thermal imaging detection. Just go to your nearest university/LAB/ninja buddy, grab a FLIR cam and do some testing. I have a suspicion a space blanket would work quite well. If not that there are 4-5mm wet-suits and dry-suits which are excellent insulators and thus could make good camouflage. </div></div>

Having no IR depending on the environment is just as bad or worse than having a high IR signature.

Agreed, i suppose then perhaps as with most camouflage it would have to be tailored to the thermal environment. So i imagine the practicality of a IR camo ghillie wouldn't be practical without some sort of thermal adaptive capability, so then without expending to much time on R&D you might be able to build a stationary hide position with a reasonably quick and effective IR camo based upon the thermal topography.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">utilize the ancient art of northcaroliniantrailorparkjitsu. you set yer jumprope aside. sit in the middle of yonder trailer park and think cold thoughts thereby inducing your inner chi to cool your exterior to ambient temperature rendering you invisible to all who would attempt to thermal you.(it helps if you sit next to the winder air condishner) </div></div>

Now that theres funy, sep I don appreeceeate,apreshe8, apishyate; I don lyke you makin fun of my kinfolk

First, find an animal you can hide inside of. Second, kill said animal. Third, gut said animal... Get the Idea... Become one with the animal and they will think you are the animal. UNLESS, they are poaching, then you are fucked!