• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to best carry ammo in the field

-
002-3.jpg

-

Please show us more with features.

mark5.56,

The 'back' is slick/smooth like the other exterior you can see. The little credit-card sized flap tucks into a pocket on the outside, like those shark-flap wallets. (you can barely see the trim on the pocket seam on the outermost edges of the closed pouches in the pic). Very secure, very quiet.

The piece of paper partially exposed is showing the double-purpose pocket and divider between the two sets of 10-rounds. Perfect for a data card, ID info, copy of your NFA paperwork...

The rounds are held securely by the black elastic/stretchy nylon webbing loops.

The main panels have a plastic sheet sealed inside for rigidity and protection.

Attachment loop sewn on for ease of retrieving from a tight spot in your pack, and/or attaching some 550-cord retention lanyard...

I'm not sure of the dimensions when folded up, but it was slim. Rounds are well protected. Put your empties back in the same spots; no rattling around. Again, it's quiet...

I keep 20-rounds of match ammo in mine. Fits anywhere in my pack.

Please show us more with features.
--
more features needed ?
They are 20-round Ammo Books . Field pack carry-storage . Rugged constructed, 1000 den. Cordura nylon outer shell and inner lined . folding, semi-ridged construction with secure tuck-tab closing system . Rounds held secure inside by individual Elastic keepers . With data pocket . Also has a loop for lanyard tie for secure tie in pack when stored and field carry .
Plus keeps those expensive empties secured & safe back to the reloading room .

The Ammo Wallet is simple & sweet in design for pack carry in the field and there are few people who cut & sew with there own version of what they think .

I started making these several years back for those guys using the BIG 375/408 CT parent case . I don't personally shot the BigBad CT . But Noticed they did not really have any way to pack them around on the way to the shooting mat like most small Tac. rifle cals . and Most guys who shoot the big ELR Cals. just like to throw down on the Mat and hand single-feed anyway . I have make a shitload of these and have pretty much got them refined down to where I want them.

here is an 'old Pic.' of a member using one with his CT .
-
image001.jpg

Nice, took me a bit to get the "tuck tab" thing.
-
Everyone who design & sewing a Ammo Carry devise has to workout a Closing System for secure field carry/storage in it . I just adopted what I been using in Para-Rigging that's been used for years on Canopy container systems . That the ( Tuck Tab closing system ) . It's Pretty Clean/snag free, maintenance free and is pretty rugged for endurance . Works real good for my take on things .

I never use them for .308 as I got a dozen AICS Mags. for ammo carry in the Pack .
but I do use/carry my .300 WM in Ammo Wallets . IT easy to just throw a couple in the pack when packing out a couple rifles to shoot . and I just keep one in the pack anyway so I am never out or forget to bring along .

Last edited:
I know it aint very sexy , but the mtm 100 boxes with some egg crate foam in the top and everybody stays put full or empty.

the on deck ammo goes in mags in holsters

For ultra-cheap, how about a ziplock Baggie?

long ago, they used to have things called "stripper clips", which held rounds securely, was lightweight, and let you refill your magazine in about 2 seconds. I still use these on a Mauser sporter.