• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to contact a gunbroker member?

THE DOCTOR

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2005
North ID
First off I am not trying to get around gunbroker and cheat them. I am a gunbroker seller myself. I would have the member relist the item. The problem is the member doesn't have any active auctions and gunbroker forums are closed for becoming a member. So i can't try to contact him there.

The user name on gunbroker is michaelgunn If anyone knows him please pass along that I would like to purchase something he had listed if he still has it.

Thanks

Jamie

Re: How to contact a gunbroker member?

I tried that but they have it set up in such a way that you have to have participated in a transaction with the seller to in order to contact the seller.

Hence my dilema.

I can't buy anything cause i can't get ahold of him.

Thanks for the idea tho.

That's not the way it works when I do it.

After I log in, I am presented with a message composition window and I can send the seller a message.

The subject header is tied to the item linked, but that doesn't matter. Just compose the message and tell him what you want.

This is the message I recieve when I try to contact him using the contact seller link.

We are sorry but our messaging system cannot be used to send email to this user. For auction listings that are closed, messages can only be sent between the seller and the winning bidder(s). If the auction is open any registered user can contact the seller and ask the seller a question. Due to past abuses we no longer provide a general facility for any user to contact any other user.

Sellers: if you are attempting to reach a winning bidder you can do so by clicking on the winning bidder's user name from within the item listing that the bidder won. To find the item, click Items I Sold from the Selling section of My Auctions. You can also use Resolving Problems with the Buyer located in For Sellers to request the contact info (including email address) of any of your winning bidders.

Buyers: if you are attempting to reach the seller of an item you won you can do so by clicking on the seller's user name from within the item listing that you won. To find the item, click Items I Won from the Bidding/Watching section of My Auctions. You can also use Resolving Problems with the Seller located in For Buyers to request the contact info (including email address) of the seller.

Thanks again for the info and ideas

Jamie