• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s How To Get Out Of Jury Duty Montana Style

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
fw-how_a_montanan_gets_out_of_jury_.jpg

From what I hear, the judge was not impressed.

Re: How To Get Out Of Jury Duty Montana Style

"I would rather count the wrinkles on my dog's balls than sit on a jury." PRICELESS.

I got out of jury duty,very simple. Couldn't see myself making the big wages,$18.00 a day or having vacation time for the day. Younger days "made" a lot of aqucattances with the man. Told the judge I don't trust the copper story,after my many expericeces with the laws. How do you say ,prejudged? Judge says get out of my courtroom.

Fuck I guess I am the only one that WANTS jury duty, but I have never been summoned.

Hee! Hee! Hee!

I hope the judge was not some petty tyrant that needed to impress people by taking action against this fellow.

A bunch of years ago a case in Utah went up on appeal on the basis that the jury pool was lopsided because the judge dismissed all elk hunters from the jury pool so that they would not miss opening day of the hunt (a Wednesday).

Friend of mine saw the judge and DA talking before even going into the courtroom, and because he knew them personally went up to them and asked "Who we gonna hang today". He thought it was funny and didn't think a thing about it. The DA didn't think it was so funny and he was dismissed right there.

Even if your friend hadn't made the comment, knowing the judge and/or DA personally will get you tossed.

I got called up once in my county, and knew the Commonwealth Attorney and Sheriff personally (I'd worked on both their election campaigns). Got tossed without being asked a single question during voir dire; the CA just looked at me and said "bye".

I'll be the lone dissenter here: Call me old-fashioned and naive, but jury duty is an obligation and a privilege for anyone who chooses to be fully a citizen of a democracy.

I remember once during a jury pick for a federal criminal trial the court seated from the jury pool a DEA ASAC. In the federal system the judge asks the questions. He asked:

"What do you do?"
"I'm retired."
"From where?"
"I was an assistant special agent in charge of a field office. I have over twenty-five years of experience holding criminals accountable for their victimization of others."
The judge thought for a moment, then asked him "Do you think you can put aside any bias you might have - I mean in favor of either one side or the other - the result of that experience, and judge this case only on the facts and on its merits?"
The ASAC thought for a moment, then replied: "Sure."

Too many people ignore the second word- it's jury DUTY. Everyone of us has the duty to serve if called upon. Without jurists to keep the system honest and in check think how our legal system would be. Congress ring a bell?

Jim

Who is going to see it changed? The system itself?
I have served on several juries. One was a civil suit. A couple was suing a woman and her insurance company for injuries from a car accident. Their claims were all bullshit.
When we decided we had to find that the driver was the proximate cause of the incident. We then awarded zero dollars and zero cents across the board. Their attorney didn't even get paid since we had to decide his fees also. After the case was over the judge asked if we would mind the plaintiff's attorney asking us some questions. After a few, and he was courteous to us, he asked why we voted no attorney fees. We told him that his firm should never have taken the case. He agreed and told us that he was the 4th or 5th attorney assigned to the plaintiffs.
We also found out they had to catch a plane to Kansas City for another court suit. They had just arrived from Atlanta for this one. They are making a living suing people. They didn't do very well here in Fort Worth though.
We can't change it right away, but we have to take every small step and never stop trying. I guarantee they will never stop. It is up to US to keep them in line. If the system is broke we don't ignore it- we fix it. hell, it's OUR system that's broke. If we don't try to stay on top of it who will? Obama?

Jim

Fuck that.

Govt. cubicle workers, the retired, the under 80 IQ walking around sheeple and those who are 40 years old and live with momma.

I have been throwing away Jury duty notices for 20 years.

The pain of being surrounded by the mentally handicapped is far too great for me.

Oh and lets not forget I will have to learn to speak, ebonics, spanglish, chingrish, retardness, assinineness, and sit for hours with people i have nothing in common with except that we are all some type of carbon based lifeform...

NO FUCKING WAY.

When the LA juror made this priceless qoute to a reporter during the OJ simpson trial, "shit man, I not be knowing much bout this DNA evidence stuff, but to me all it means is O.J. gots blood"
that said it all.
and lets not forget OJs attorney, "if the gloves dont fit, you must aquit".
priceless....

I would rather drink gasoline and urinate on a brushfire than show up for jury duty in southern california.

a "duty"?

You must live on a different planet than I do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck that.

Govt. cubicle workers, the retired, the under 80 IQ walking around sheeple and those who are 40 years old and live with momma.

The pain of being surrounded by the mentally handicapped is far too great for me.

Oh and lets not forget I will have to learn to speak, ebonics, spanglish, chingrish, retardness, assinineness, and sit for hours with people i have nothing in common with except that we are all some type of carbon based lifeform...

NO FUCKING WAY.

When the LA juror made this priceless qoute to a reporter during the OJ simpson trial, "shit man, I not be knowing much bout this DNA evidence stuff, but to me all it means is O.J. gots blood"
that said it all.
priceless....

I would rather drink gasoline and urinate on a brushfire than show up for jury duty in southern california.

a "duty"?

</div></div>

Indeed I do live on a different plant than you. Because the planet I live on revolves around the sun and not your fat ass.

I heard a story once about a speaker talking to a group of teachers at a seminar about teaching the gifted. The speaker asks the audience to recall their experiences working with the disabled classes. The pity, the frustration, the struggling to find empathy with those incapable of doing the things you find so simple. Picture those children. Think about how they look to you. Now, realize that that is the exact same way the gifted students view each of you.

A little advice, don't go making disparaging remarks about the capabilities of someone with a lower IQ than you. Particularly if you have to stoop to a couple of standard deviations below average to do it. It just doesn't make you look good and there's always going to be someone with an IQ higher than yours who can put you in your place.

Thinking you're too smart to serve your country is disgusting. Throwing away a legal summons is stupid. Being proud of both is bizarre.

Shankster that is great..in my sate however a resopnse like that would be grounds for arrest and contempt possibly

I never served on a jury..always dismissed on voire dir..."too conservative, sides with the police, doesn't accept the evidence system, contempt for attorneys..etc"...too bad.

i got a jury notice one time, i called the da and asked if he had a spit bucket or should i bring my own? he said not to come.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck that.

NO FUCKING WAY.

that said it all.
priceless....

a "duty"?

</div></div>

Indeed I do live on a different plant than you. Because the planet I live on revolves around the sun and not your fat ass.

I heard a story once about a speaker talking to a group of teachers at a seminar about teaching the gifted. The speaker asks the audience to recall their experiences working with the disabled classes. The pity, the frustration, the struggling to find empathy with those incapable of doing the things you find so simple. Picture those children. Think about how they look to you. Now, realize that that is the exact same way the gifted students view each of you.

A little advice, don't go making disparaging remarks about the capabilities of someone with a lower IQ than you. Particularly if you have to stoop to a couple of standard deviations below average to do it. It just doesn't make you look good and there's always going to be someone with an IQ higher than yours who can put you in your place.

Thinking you're too smart to serve your country is disgusting. Throwing away a legal summons is stupid. Being proud of both is bizarre.

</div></div>

Serving my Country? hmmmm
check.... did that.

nice little story...if I was 6 years old.

Although it did bring a tear to my eye.......

making "discouraging remarks" used to be "stating the obvious"

You might wantr to take that PC correct bullshit on the "state employee feel good forum".

by the way, my ass is anything but FAT!

I guess we should all say screw it, so liberal juries create precedent for future cases.

We should be trying to get on every jury we can.

The O.J. jury was selected from a pool who did not want to serve.

It has been harder to get out of ever since.

I have been voting for 40 years. I have never been called. I have never been arrested. It could be the 15 years of leaving my name all over the internet as a gun owner.

You guys who don't want to serve on a jury are forgetting that a single individual on a jury can overcome the full powers of a tyrannical government who might be attempting to convict somwone for some BS firearms or tax "crime".

The jury can be a beautiful check on the despotic acts of power hungry thugs who are known to inhabit DOJ offices at both the State and Federal level.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Who is going to see it changed? The system itself?
I have served on several juries. One was a civil suit. A couple was suing a woman and her insurance company for injuries from a car accident. Their claims were all bullshit.
When we decided we had to find that the driver was the proximate cause of the incident. We then awarded zero dollars and zero cents across the board. Their attorney didn't even get paid since we had to decide his fees also. After the case was over the judge asked if we would mind the plaintiff's attorney asking us some questions. After a few, and he was courteous to us, he asked why we voted no attorney fees. We told him that his firm should never have taken the case. He agreed and told us that he was the 4th or 5th attorney assigned to the plaintiffs.
We also found out they had to catch a plane to Kansas City for another court suit. They had just arrived from Atlanta for this one. They are making a living suing people. They didn't do very well here in Fort Worth though.
We can't change it right away, but we have to take every small step and never stop trying. I guarantee they will never stop. It is up to US to keep them in line. If the system is broke we don't ignore it- we fix it. hell, it's OUR system that's broke. If we don't try to stay on top of it who will? Obama?

Jim </div></div>
+1

I was always glad to do it. I always tried to listen and pay attention. I would want someone to do the same if it were me in the "hot seat". Maybe I'm too much an "idealist".

I wish I could get Fed GJ duty, Have been waiting over 20+ years to be called. Local twice in 20 years. No complaints but ...maybe we ought to have professional jurors ? we have professional lawyers (no jokes, please), judges, experts so why not have someone trained to listen to "just the facts"? yeah, right in my dreams !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fibonacci</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys who don't want to serve on a jury are forgetting that a single individual on a jury can overcome the full powers of a tyrannical government who might be attempting to convict somwone for some BS firearms or tax "crime".

The jury can be a beautiful check on the despotic acts of power hungry thugs who are known to inhabit DOJ offices at both the State and Federal level. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was always glad to do it. I always tried to listen and pay attention. I would want someone to do the same if it were me in the "hot seat". Maybe I'm too much an "idealist".</div></div>

I'm going to have to agree here. Would you want a die-hard liberal, anti-gun, hurt-feelings, urban feminist jury when you're in the defendant's chair for successfully and justifiably defending yourself using deadly force? Just because the law says you're justified doesn't mean you'll be justified in the eyes of the 12 people who've been picked.
I've been called one time for jury duty and was unable to serve due to the fact that I'd just moved to a different county. I'd be glad to do it if summoned again, however.

34 yrs old and only called once, couldnt attend due to eing out of the country in bosnia, wife called the court and excused no more notices since

That is really funny. Really, really funny.

Even a Judge has got to admit(off the record)that that's funny.

If in fact that happened, Mr. Slye has got style, abet may not have too much tact.

Some Judges who have an exaggerated sense of self importance may miss the humor here and impose a state sanction.

You don't vote, you don't get to complain.
You don't serve on a jury, you deserve the justice system you get.

Jury duty was fun. Sat on an 8 day trial. Interesting experience. Donuts every couple of hours. Good lunches.