• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

how to id a 700p for sure?

KUDA

General Spike
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Western ,NC.
Guys
Is there a way to positivly id a 700p?
im looking at one to buy
has no.box
26 inch heavy barrel
houge stock
please help
Kuda

Re: how to id a 700p for sure?

Call 1-800-243-9700. Follow the recorded prompts to "Historical Information" (or some such). You'll get a human after about 3 or 4 clicks, then tell them your serial number and they'll tell you whether it's really a "P" or not. Turns out my PSS was really just a BDL Varmint with a HS Precision stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KUDA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys
Is there a way to positivly id a 700p?
im looking at one to buy
has no.box
26 inch heavy barrel
houge stock
please help
Kuda </div></div>

Based on what you described, I would say it probably isn't. Houge would be be a "downgrade" from the HS precision stock it should have come with. Are the Action and barrel parkerized or is it a flat black painted finish. 700P's have a parkerized finish. That being said, with the exception possibly of a trigger, those about about the only differences between a 700 SPS varmint and a 700P.

If it doesn't have a h s precision stock, it's 99% not a police. Unless some dumbass put that stock on it.

my bad,it is an hs stock
did the nember check with rem

Guess what

It is 2000 production 700P!
40x trigger
Thanks for the help guys!