• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How to make a gas tube glow on an AR

Re: How to make a gas tube glow on an AR

Notice the flames coming out of the ejection port on the last mag.

That's right before the explode!

Sons of guns did a dual m-16 that was water cooled tonight. this was before.
sonsofguns.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was tonights show sweet or what? </div></div>

It was awsome

That rifle's gonna be posted on gunbroker "gently used and in pristine condition."
smile.gif

Those guys are fuggin idiots.

Pretty cool vid. Definitely renews my interest in "investing" in a transferable m16.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was tonights show sweet or what? </div></div>

Uh...I guess I'll take, "or what" as my answer. I thought the entire concept was useless as tits on a boar-hog. I wouldn't waste any time watching FOX or CNN's war-coverage, waiting on a glimpse of any "real" military personnel using that jerry-rigged, P.O.S...

Really guys, WTF would the military even consider some such crap? Really, they're gonna spend money on the purchase of 2-M16's to then have retro-fitted with a "cooling system" consisting of hand-wrapped copper line & a Wal-Mart Sporting Goods' bilge pump & battery, packaged into a freakin' ammo-box, then half-ass mount them to the boat's front deck via some wrinky-dink, redneck-built mount that situates the 2 guns at least 2ft apart, so there's no possible fuckin' way to accurately aim them, all-the-while making the unable to be unattached & used for anything else. To top all that stupidity off, the whole cobbled-together P.O.S. is entirely dependent on 2-100rd, undependable piece-of-shit, C-Mags?

Yeah, the US Military is really gonna break the fucking bank, buying that "made for TV" crap, when they've got M240's, M249 SAW's, M60's, M2 Browning's, & no-telling how many other belt-fed machine-guns that are actually already in-use on those type crafts, not to mention the Dillon Mini-gun.

All that Military contract, horse-shit is just that, made-up BS that makes Red Jacket appear to be more than what they really are, & gives all the C.O.D./Xbox-addicted, zit-faced teenagers & Tact-i-kool Mall Ninjas something to drool-over & jerk-off to!

Surely ya'll ain't buyin' that shit??? I mean, damn! After the SWAT-armorer/Security Contractor/cigar-chewing, fat-ass that contracted Red Jack-off to build all those bulky, useless "Master-keys" 'cuz he couldn't figure out that just maybe the guy breaching the door AIN'T the 1st man inside('course when your whole SWAT unit is so overweight, they'd need an Ambulance after negotiating the 1st flight of stairs!), or maybe that same cigar-chewing, fat-man suddenly turned into a Blackwater Security Team Leader, & "contracted" Will & Red Jack-Off to build that over-grown Roman Candle-shooter, for use in deterring pirates armed with AK's & a shitload of RPG's...Surely then u guys could smell the Red Jacket BULLSHIT??? Who could forget classic like the alligator "bang-stick" with the 75lbs trigger-system, the rigorous 3-whole magazine function test that Tiger McKee put that outrageously over-priced, plain-ass AR through, & Red Jack-off's patented, "Tacti-kool S.W.A.T-approved" Tommy-Gun!

I don't believe the first god damn thing on that show is real! I think Discovery found 'em a redneck, good ole' boy running a pretty successful Saiga Importer/Conversions business, that they could puff-up & make him think he's making a big "splash" in the firearms industry, while they make him, his employees, & the rest of the gun-enthusiest crowd look like out-of-control, inbred idiots, that are just damn lucky we haven't killed ourselves, or someone else yet!

I had high-hopes for this show, & by-damn, I tried desperately to like it, but this week's Brown-Water Navy contract for dual, water-cooled M16's was the last straw. I mean, it's a stretch to think a 2-3 man shop is gonna get a big military contract anyway, but if they're gonna get on National TV & tell that Bullshit with a straight-face, they at least oughta come-up with something that the military might have an actual, feasible freakin' NEED for, damn it! It's not like the M16/5.56 Nato hasn't been criticized all over every kinda news/media for years, because of it's lack of power, but all the sudden, some coon-ass slaps 2 of 'em together with some angle-iron/square-tubing, modifies a cooling-system from his old moonshine still, & by god, Uncle Sam's gonna making him the world's 1st coon-ass, millionaire for it! WTF-ever, dude!

OH, and I ran-up on an interesting kit in a 2008-issure of "Small Arms Review," that any Red Jack-off fans might find interesting!

Remember the episode wear Will & the boys "built" a shoulder-fired, M-1919 machine gun for that LA cop's "shooting competition?" Man, wasn't it soooo dramatic when they were trying to figure how to pull-off something else that'd never been done before! Well, there was a couple Marines back in WW2 that built several for use fighting the Jap's in the Pacific(1 of those Marines even won the Medal of Honor, using it. They called it the M1919-A6, tho). I saw on another forum where Will was asked why he didn't just build the standard M1919-A6 version. Will from Red jacket replied, that the "A6-mod" was awkward to handle, & since "the SUCK-Factor was HIGH" on the "A6-mod," he wanted to do it his way. The Red Jacket M1919-A6 is pictured directly below...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Red Jacket's M1919-A6</span></span>

RedJacketM1919A6.jpg

RedJacketM1919A6_2.jpg

Now, like I said, I just happened to be flipping through that old "Small Arms Review" mag and ran across an ad by "TNW Firearms, Inc-Vernonia,OR." TNW was selling their "M230-kit"(M1919A6-mod)back in April '08(That's when the ad I saw came out, have no idea how long they've offered this kit). Kit comes with a new lighter/shorter .308 barrel, railed forearm, butt-stock/pistol grip, vert. forward grip, etc.
TNW goes on to state, "The upgrade <span style="font-weight: bold">takes about 20min's to install, and <span style="color: #FF0000">requires NO permanent modification</span></span> to your M1919."

Here's a pic of their M230-kit & link to their webpage
<span style="font-weight: bold">TNW M-230(M1919A6-mod)</span>
http://www.tnwfirearms.com/guns_m230.shtml

M230-M1919-A6.jpg

Someone please explain to me, just exactly what the fuck was it that Red Jacket built? I mean, other than buy TNW's kit & ripping-off their idea by claiming they, Red Jacket, actually "Built" it? I'd like to know just WTF was so much trouble bolting a butt-stock, forearm, & barrel from a pre-fabbed kit that's only supposed to take "20 minutes" to slap together?

Hell, they didn't even swap-out TNW's funky-looking, buttstock and half-ass, attempt to make it look like they had to actually do something original! I guess that ugly-ass, OD green paint-job on the receiver is the kinda, "If u dream it, we can build it," "Game-changing" Innovations that's putting Red Jack-off at the TOP of the custom-firearms market, huh?
wink.gif

Companies like GAP, KAC, POF, etc. better get their shit wired-tight, & look-out! Red Jacket's gonna grind, dremel, hacksaw their asses right outta business!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notice the flames coming out of the ejection port on the last mag.

</div></div>

Is that due to cook off and things related to the heat?

Why would any one wish to hurt a AR like that, barrel has to be toast as well.

/Chris

You mean GAP doesn't shorten barrels with hacksaws? Damn I'm sending my shorty .308 to Red Jacket and have it done right!!

It's entertainment guys, that's all. While I'll admit it doesn't do anything for the public image of serious gun owners I think it's pretty much harmless idiot box fodder. It's not like Red Jacket is going to put any reputable gunsmith out of business. I've been in the Navy for 18 years and guess what, NCIS, Top Gun, Navy Seals... is total bullshit as well.

that show can be painfull to watch.
they listed the rocket launcher at what $10-15k?(dont member) for about $300-400 in steel and some model rockets with fireworks? gimmeabreak
but at least it has some guns in it and a semi cute girl...

+1 big russ

There is not one legitimate argument that can be made, other than MAYBE rate of fire to use that horse shit over a M240/249. What happens when you need to reload? Looks like it will be slightly more difficult than a mag change due to the silly mounting rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Awesymoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dang, thats gotta for the throat lol. </div></div>

What throat? after 3 beta mag dumps in the shop and the dumps agterwards I wonder if it has any throat left.
smirk.gif

Great rant Big Russ, thats funny shit right there now.
Red Jacket is like any other unreality show on TV, the producers make it as real as they want it to be.

but at least it has some guns in it and a <span style="color: #FF0000">semi cute girl</span>... yeah, and she's semi smart too
shocked.gif

Surefire will make a killing on those mags, as I'm sure the military will put them to good use.

It is nothing but good old gun stuff to watch on TV. Russ, I agree the military will never spend there money with red jacket. Alot of thgere stuff is a little far fetched. But, when I get to watch something on the goof tube about some kind of gun stuff, I am going to watch. Even if it is a little far fetched.

Better that watchin glee or american idol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notice the flames coming out of the ejection port on the last mag.

</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Why would any one wish to hurt a AR like that, barrel has to be toast as well.</span>

/Chris </div></div>

Those were m16's not AR's. Just saying

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notice the flames coming out of the ejection port on the last mag.

</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Why would any one wish to hurt a AR like that, barrel has to be toast as well.</span>

/Chris </div></div>

Those were m16's not AR's. Just saying</div></div>

And they weren't hurting that M16, neither. Did y'all need read the warning at the start of the show, cuz if u did, then u would know that them there feller's were experts!
Jus' sayin', also...

Hah...I read this right after ranting to my wife about the show while flipping through it on Discovery. It was the Thompson "conversion". I just want to know how much was spent on the conversion and what jackass would stick his entry team with those instead of UMP's or other high end subguns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hah...I read this right after ranting to my wife about the show while flipping through it on Discovery. It was the Thompson "conversion". I just want to know how much was spent on the conversion and what jackass would stick his entry team with those instead of UMP's or other high end subguns.</div></div>

No one would. That whole, clusterf**k of a show is more fake than Pamela Anderson's last 5-sets of tits. I'm actually not convinced that the Red Jacket gunshop even existed before this show was created, & I'd need to see Birth Certificates & S.S. #'s before I could be 100%-certain Will Hayden & his daughter were real people, and not just the figments of some coke'd-up, Discovery Channel writer's De-tox halucinations. That's my only explanation for a major network to air such ignorance. That show was truly painful to experience.

Watching those Red Jacket 'tards trying to 'smith on historic weapon-systems like the M1919, the "Ma-Duece," & especially that rare-Maxim was like watching Rainman try to f@#k a Victoria's Secret model!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Russ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hah...I read this right after ranting to my wife about the show while flipping through it on Discovery. It was the Thompson "conversion". I just want to know how much was spent on the conversion and what jackass would stick his entry team with those instead of UMP's or other high end subguns.</div></div>

No one would. That whole, clusterf**k of a show is more fake than Pamela Anderson's last 5-sets of tits. I'm actually not convinced that the Red Jacket gunshop even existed before this show was created, & I'd need to see Birth Certificates & S.S. #'s before I could be 100%-certain Will Hayden & his daughter were real people, and not just the figments of some coke'd-up, Discovery Channel writer's De-tox halucinations. That's my only explanation for a major network to air such ignorance. That show was truly painful to experience.

Watching those Red Jacket 'tards trying to 'smith on historic weapon-systems like the M1919, the "Ma-Duece," & especially that rare-Maxim was like watching Rainman try to f@#k a Victoria's Secret model! </div></div>
Hahaha, that was such a beautiful rant.

SAD to say I live in BRLA, and have never heard of this company. Just saw where they "invented" the flashlight to gun conversion, however I remember that coming out a few years ago.. They def, IMO, steal others ideas..

AGAIN, BR people have never even heard of these guys until the show..

What gets me about this show isn't the guys building the guns, they are just good 'ol boys trying to make a living. It's some of the "clients" that want the guns built. I just can't believe those are "real" Navy people or "security consultants". If I'm in the Navy and need a bow mounted MG on a boat, I don't think my first choice would be to weld 2 m-16's together, but that's just me and I'm not in the Navy. Go figure.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocGlenn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What gets me about this show isn't the guys building the guns, they are just good 'ol boys trying to make a living. It's some of the "clients" that want the guns built. I just can't believe those are "real" Navy people or "security consultants". If I'm in the Navy and need a bow mounted MG on a boat, I don't think my first choice would be to weld 2 m-16's together, but that's just me and I'm not in the Navy. Go figure.......</div></div>

Yeah. I don't think if I was in the Navy, that I'd be willing to offer up my personal, NFA-registered full-auto AR to some grind 'n dremel hick gunsmith to burn-out the throat by running 300rds threw it in full-auto fire then hack-n-chop it up so my boss, the US Navy could use it for some experimental set-up. Of course even more unlikely, is that there's ANY chance a branch of the US military/Navy would be conducting business that way, either.

It's all Bullshit. Every customer, build, & anything else that appeared on that show was scripted-fantasy. Tiger McKee took a step down in my book, just for having associated his name/reputation to some such fabricated horseshit

Russ,

I will buy you a plane ticket to BRLA, a case of beer, and a lapel pin camera if you promise to walk into that "shop" and go off on them.

You can drink the beer and keep the camera. All I ask is that you share the video.

Just a hint here guys.....It's TV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a hint here guys.....It's TV.</div></div>

True... But then they are representing it as real, & using all their "top customshop in the country" BS as propaganda to sell, at about twiced the price, real firearms. Of course, "buyer beware" & "fool & his money often get separated" always apply, but then, the fact that the whole show is scripted TV-BS doesn't stop it from giving the gun-grabbers plenty of ammo. How can we defend that argument because it's "just TV," when they represent it as real, & are "real business" selling "real guns?"