• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to mount Charlie TARAC Mk8 without picatinny rail on top of handguard?

amymorgan20

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2020
How are people mounting a Charlie TARAC Mk8 or Nightforce Wedge if you don't have picatinny rail on top of your handguard? None of my rifles have picatinny rail on top out past the end of the scope, but it seems necessary to mount a Charlie Mk8 or Nightforce Wedge. Are there any solutions other than buying a new chassis?

How are people mounting a Charlie TARAC Mk8 or Nightforce Wedge if you don't have picatinny rail on top of your handguard? None of my rifles have picatinny rail on top out past the end of the scope, but it seems necessary to mount a Charlie Mk8 or Nightforce Wedge. Are there any solutions other than buying a new chassis?
What are your rifles mounted in? Can’t tell you ideas without knowing that

What are your rifles mounted in? Can’t tell you ideas without knowing that
375 Cheytac is in a Mirage ULR chassis
338 Lapua is in a MasterPiece Arms chassis
Let's just start off with those two

Also just asking in general to see what other people are doing for a solution if they have same problem but don't necessarily have the same equipment I do.

375 Cheytac is in a Mirage ULR chassis
338 Lapua is in a MasterPiece Arms chassis
Let's just start off with those two

Also just asking in general to see what other people are doing for a solution if they have same problem but don't necessarily have the same equipment I do.
Well fwd pic rail is pretty much mandatory. I was just thinking depending on what u have there could be some aftermarket solutions

Mirage ULR makes 18" pic rails
linday21x4big.jpg

We run the Charlie mounted direct to the scope. It won't require any rails for mounting.

We run the Charlie mounted direct to the scope. It won't require any rails for mounting.
I am talking about the Charlie TARAC Mk8 and is only available as rail mount. It is not available for scope mounting as per TACOM HQ. If you are talking about the original Charlie TARAC, then yes it can be mounted to the scope but that is not the version of the device I am asking about.

Last edited:
also which MPA do you have? most can accept an NV bridge the is perfect for mounting a charlie.

Mirage ULR makes 18" pic rails
linday21x4big.jpg
I have been in touch with Mirage ULR and they informed me about their 18" rail. I have one on order now. May I ask why you went with the NF Wedge as opposed to a Charlie?

I have been in touch with Mirage ULR and they informed me about their 18" rail. I have one on order now. May I ask why you went with the NF Wedge as opposed to a Charlie?
That's Lindsay Paul rifle, she won Ko2M a few years back.
I have a Charlie Macro that will go on a rail similar. I haven't mounted it up yet.

I have both a Charlie and NF. The NF is brighter than my Charlie. When it's really sunny they look about the same but if it's overcast or just lower light time of day I can see the NF looks brighter.

Reactions: Taylorbok
Just give mirage ulr a call , he can cut a rail for just about any action, and in any length or Moa you could possibly want , Also try the bravo tarac, it’s literally clarity wise identical to my NF prism

Reactions: Taylorbok