• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to mount leica 1600 to tripod?

Wally Pinkerton

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
Are any of you mounting your Leica 1600 to tripods? If so, how?

Last edited:
The HOG and PIG saddle won't close narrow enough to lock in a Leica 1600. I would recommend the factory piece or the PRS bino plate.

Didn't think it would but I'll just use some foam or something to make the Leica wider. Don't want to crush it in a PIG anyway. It may fit sideways, though, and my ball head will do a 90 degree.

Last edited:
For the price, you can't beat Precision Rifle Solutions. I bought their universal optics mount. Looks to be the same as their Leica mount. Well made piece of kit fir $20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the CRF for my Lecia 1600b... overall after using it a few times, it has some downfalls that the PRS might fix.

I use a Slik Sprint tripod with the changeable base plates for the head. It uses a 1/4 (I think) screw head to attach the plate to the CRF. The CRF however has the center mount hole as 1/2 inch screw and is surround by 1/4 on both outside edges. (So 1/4 -- 1/2 -- 1/4). Overall you wouldn't think this would matter but what ends up happening, (for my tripod with the smaller screw) is the mount is 3-4 inches FORWARD of the mounting plate. So when you try to range 1500ish Yards, even just pressing the button shakes the mount because the mount is so far forward of the base plate.

So overall I would not recommend the CRF unless you have the big screw for attaching it to your tripod. Its a $100 mount that might not work out for you depending on the range you are wanting to range.

Over then that its a great mount, it grips the 1600B firmly with the small screw on the side, just wish it has the smaller screw in the centerline.

EDIT: My entire post is invalid after a quick search and buy from AMAZON - http://www.amazon.com/Convert-Screw-Adapter-Tripod-10-pack/dp/B006R38IJY

Last edited:
Not to sidetrack the thread, but this brings up a strength of the Vectronix PLRF 10 and above - the SEV-78 trigger data cable. Allows you to fire the LRF without touching it. I've got one and it is great. A less expensive fix for Leica and others would to be able to integrate a countdown timer like most cameras have. Firing in 10, 9, 8,....

ebe8ymu2.jpg

Yea that would be the way to go for sure. Even the countdown, like you said, would be easy to do via firmware. Push the button and in 10 seconds after it steadies it fires!

You're on to something!

Not to sidetrack the thread, but this brings up a strength of the Vectronix PLRF 10 and above - the SEV-78 trigger data cable. Allows you to fire the LRF without touching it. I've got one and it is great. A less expensive fix for Leica and others would to be able to integrate a countdown timer like most cameras have. Firing in 10, 9, 8,....

ebe8ymu2.jpg