• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to mount scope

astro3006

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2008
mississippi
Years ago on here I think. I read a really good article with pictures on how to mount a scope. The bottom of the scope is level so he leveveled it using feeler gauges for cars. I’ve looked in archives but didn’t see it. I still use this method. Anyone can link me to it would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to share it with a friend.

I use my cell phone with level app set on top turret, trued to rail.

Years ago on here I think. I read a really good article with pictures on how to mount a scope. The bottom of the scope is level so he leveveled it using feeler gauges for cars. I’ve looked in archives but didn’t see it. I still use this method. Anyone can link me to it would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to share it with a friend.
Maybe this one:

I guess taking it out for drinks first is out of the question

My preferred method. Takes up level scope caps out of the equation. Basically just the plumb bob method that you can easily do indoors with a few feet.

I just tape the flashlight to the handrail on a deck of cards if needed and then both hands can be used to work the scope