• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to program RCBS 1500

tross

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2009
OKC, OK. US
Have a new RCBS chargemaster 1500 and need to know how to to change the programming to speed it up. Made the bushing for the powder tube.

Re: How to program RCBS 1500

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k31fXS-rfc8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k31fXS-rfc8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Short video of my Chargemaster reprogrammed. I'm really thinking of running dual Chargemasters now. I don't think I would be able to keep up if I had 2.

I just programed my ChargeMaster a few weeks ago and I did notice that there is not one magic setting for all ranges of charges and powder. (unless you want ot use the factory settings) I have 2 different settings that I use for .223 and for .308. The trick is to have is slow to a trickle about .7 to .8 before the value you want. If you get it much closer it will overthrow alot. I had to play with all 3 numbers and adjust them for 45 grains of Varget and 24 grains of Varget. It also makes a difference as to what powder you are using.

So the message is dont try to find a set of numbers here to use, play with the 3 numbers until you get it right for your setup and then write down the numbers for that charge and power type so you can go back to it the next time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMILEY 369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tag for later </div></div>

Don't do that. It's annoying to us normal people who don't require attention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

Short video of my Chargemaster reprogrammed. I'm really thinking of running dual Chargemasters now. I don't think I would be able to keep up if I had 2. </div></div>

I just started running 2 and it was a big step up. In my opinion 3 is the ultimate number. 2 keeps me busy enough that I am always doing something and have very little down time. 3 would keep me 100% busy and I would always have a charge ready to go.