• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How to put flush cups in PRS?

superde

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2003
Bryan, Texas
Have a Magpul PRS on my 6mmART40, and want to put a flush cup in it. How do I go about accomplishing this feat?

Re: How to put flush cups in PRS?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you don't. </div></div>

oh I dont know about that, I think it could be done.

If you get the flush cups that have a threads on them (screw in type) and drill the right size hole in the stock, you could apply some glue to the threads and screw it into the plastic stock. You just have to make sure the hole you drill is just the right size so the threads on the cups cut into the plastic.

You're willing to rely on plastic threads and some glue to hold up your rifle and scope?

I'll pass.

hence why i said "you dont"

I know it sucks, I love the PRS... but I would have thought Magpul would be smart enough to incorporate a molded in hole for a cup, at least by the second gen.

Apparently they are in love with the footman loop, which works but it's just not the same to me.

Ok, so if the flush cup is out, what about at least a sling swivel stud?

That "plastic" that you are reffering to is very thick and very strong, if done right with a good glue/epoxy, I dont think you could rip it out even if you wanted to.

these are the ones Im talking about http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=945461#Post945461

Edit: you just have to make sure that the hole you drill is small enough where the cups screw in nice and tight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That "plastic" that you are reffering to is very thick and very strong, if done right with a good glue/epoxy, I dont think you could rip it out even if you wanted to.

these are the ones Im talking about http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=945461#Post945461

Edit: you just have to make sure that the hole you drill is small enough where the cups screw in nice and tight. </div></div>

Cool. Sounds like a project is in the works. Thanks.